Light-O-Rama Forums

Florida Mega Mini Anyone Attending

dibblejr

If any of you are attending it may be a good time to put some faces to User Names.

I will be driving down from Alabama. I may even be able to provided some one on one singing face sequencing tutorials.

JR

Nope, won't be attending, funds and transportation {no longer drive} will keep me from being there, even though it's right in my backyard, so to speak.

Wish I could do it, would be great to put some faces with names I've chatted with here on the forums.

On 1/15/2022 at 10:15 AM, EARLE W. TALLEY said:

When and where , haven't heard anything about it ??

How's the weather up there in Ocala Earle?   From the news reports, sounds like it's been really cold up there in your area. 

My wife still has relatives that live up there, they actually own a horse farm{ranch?} where they train race horses for things like the Kentucky Derby and others horse races. It's called Serendipity Ranch, and her cousin Williams Jennings III took it over from his father when his father passed away many years ago.  I don't recall exactly where it's located, but it is a HUGE place.  I'm not sure if I spelled Serendipity the way they spelled it.   I was only there a couple of times, and that was many years ago, right after my wife's uncle had passed away, and one other time a few years later.   And the majority of her relatives still live in, and own a lot of businesses in Cedar Key.   It's where her relatives landed and settled 6 generations ago.

Now, back to the topic, "Florida Mini", I wish I could go, but funds and transportation prevent that.  I can no longer drive {so don't own a vehicle}, and the public transportation system in Orlando is horrible, downright unreliable at times.

7 hours ago, Orville said:

How's the weather up there in Ocala Earle?   From the news reports, sounds like it's been really cold up there in your area. 

Weather is a bit cool, I got all my display down and packed away before it got to cold, now just have to get it up into the attic. 

I won't be going to the Mini either, to me it's like going to see new cars when I want to see old Model T's, it's just me being "OLD SCHOOL".  

• 2 months later...
On 3/27/2022 at 8:21 PM, dibblejr said:

One week away, bringing it back up just to see if any friends are going. 

JR

Nope, not going.  My vision has gottem much worse.  Not even trying to sequence now.  And why I haven't been online for quite a while.  Just to let you know I'm still around.

P.S. My Win 10 decided to quit working, so that also slammed the brakes on learning or attempting to get into the Version 5 software, along with the darn vision getting worse.  *sigh*

Probably won't even do a display this year at all, unless something changes.  Got new insurance, so working o eye surgery, but not sure where that is going as yet.

So far I have been able to put some faces to names unfortunately for a few friends the weather has hampered meeting.

Another day so who knows. Had I not been so busy I could have driven to see you Orv. Maybe next time.

The fam lucked out with the weather and have really been able to enjoy Disney.

JR

On 4/2/2022 at 11:04 PM, dibblejr said:

So far I have been able to put some faces to names unfortunately for a few friends the weather has hampered meeting.

Another day so who knows. Had I not been so busy I could have driven to see you Orv. Maybe next time.

The fam lucked out with the weather and have really been able to enjoy Disney.

JR

Thought you weren't going to be attending?  Guess you got some free time and were able to go.  

Wish I could, but every time one comes around I just don't have funds to do so, and not having any form of transportation also kills that since I can't drive.

Bus system around here sucks and many times couldn't use it anyway.  

Wish you could have stopped by, I'd have given you the dead Pixie 16 board.  Just haven't been able to get it back to you.

1 hour ago, Orville said:

Thought you weren't going to be attending?  Guess you got some free time and were able to go.  

Wish I could, but every time one comes around I just don't have funds to do so, and not having any form of transportation also kills that since I can't drive.

Bus system around here sucks and many times couldn't use it anyway.  

Wish you could have stopped by, I'd have given you the dead Pixie 16 board.  Just haven't been able to get it back to you.

I taught a couple of classes. I started the thread to be able to possibly meet some of you and put some faces to names. Was able to meet quite a few people.

Perhaps someone in FL will be attending the Christmas Expo in Biloxi and they can bring me the board. May be worth a shot. You all have quite a few members in Orlando.

I dint have a lot of free time and the weather moved or was expected to move some events around and made me miss meeting a couple LOR members Ive known for a while.

JR