Light-O-Rama Forums

Looking for advice for adding pixels to my roof lines permanently.

MikeyG505

Hello I'm a newbie and I just finished my first year with LOR and I'm now looking to add for next year. I want to add lights to my roof line permanently but I'm not sure what the best way to go about it is. My house is two stories with a steep tile pitched roof so I really only want to install it once, hopefully once installed I wont have to repair it very often. I want to use the 12v 12 mm bullets in 4 sections that connect to a pixie 4, I think I can get all the connections in less than 50 feet. I can post a picture if need be.

Has anyone heard of or use "Permatrack"? I'd use J-channel but it's impossible to get any in my area (Albuquerque NM), at least not at Lowes and Home Depot.

Next I'd like to ask about sequencing, I've added the strings to my preview to start to learn how to use them in my sequences, whats the best motion effect to use? Single block? Curtain? I'm using S5 with pro license. Any ideas would be great!

I'm sure I'll be adding windows as well but I'll save that for another post -LOL.

I'm sure these questions have been asked before but I find that searching returns tons of results that aren't even about what I'm looking for.

Any help is very much appreciated!

The way the tile comes around the sides I think I have to go under the eaves. I attached a picture, hope it's big enough.

Thanks for the reply!

House Photo.jpg

The way the tile comes around the sides I think I have to go under the eaves. I attached a picture, hope it's big enough.

Thanks for the reply!

I guess it's not really that steep just high LOL.

• 4 weeks later...

Coro clips and pvc to mount the lights to. My house peak is 60’ and roof pitch to steep to even think about stepping on.

A man lift reaches and they go up until they burn out. This year I will change them out after 5 years in AL weather and a hurricane, tornados and hail, I am losing some.

Depending on length only need 3-6 coro clips per run.

JR