Light-O-Rama Forums

My new SPIRAL TREE for 2021

EARLE W. TALLEY

After going dark in 2019 at my house, then coming back with my downsized display in 2020 I had to come up with something new for 2021, this is my new 4 color spiral tree in a special format. Hope you like it. You can copy and past the link to see the video or just key on it.

www.vimeo.com/manage/videos/661657096

Edited by EARLE W. TALLEY
correction
  • Like 4

You are the second display I saw where the Spiral Tree is in use. Been awhile since I had one. Been awhile since I had a fan. Miss the bright arches too. Looks great.

Earle - you are truly the King of spiral trees!  I wish I could get mine to look even half as good as yours.  Very impressive!

Okay, call me stupid, what is the special format?  I'm not trying to be a jerk, I must be missing something. 

Well if you really must know ask DARRELL, he touched on it and the way the trees are built. I have tried to help people in the past and there's always a reason why they can't or won't go though the pains of doing it right. Yes here come the debate, "you seen one spiral tree and they all look alike" well not quite.  I have been doing spiral trees for 12 - 13 years and sometimes you come across something that I haven't seen or tried before, this is one of them.The spiral tree that is shown only appears in 2 of my sequences.  

thanks for NOT detailing anything...  I am always looking for ideas to put my own spin on, keep your secrets. 

3 hours ago, EARLE W. TALLEY said:

Well if you really must know ask DARRELL, he touched on it and the way the trees are built. I have tried to help people in the past and there's always a reason why they can't or won't go though the pains of doing it right. Yes here come the debate, "you seen one spiral tree and they all look alike" well not quite.  I have been doing spiral trees for 12 - 13 years and sometimes you come across something that I haven't seen or tried before, this is one of them.The spiral tree that is shown only appears in 2 of my sequences.  

I still have the instructions and everything you passed down to James and I a couple / three years ago when you said you were retiring. Not sure/ cant remember if it was with permission to share, I was going to build your spiral however the below accident made me not.

I retired my tree when it decided to topple over with me at nearly the top. 6 - 6' 3/4' rebar driven 5' in to the ground decided to give way after a very wet season in 2018. It was a 20' tower with a 36" star. Still cant believe it. Maybe when im gone my boys will share the video footage on AFV's. LOL  There are still strings of lights in the huge pine tree that looked like rubber bands when the tree fell over. I miss the tree and the matching mini trees. My wifes fav props.

JR

prevue12, I don't think you will find anyone on the forum that will say that I have kept SECRETS from them I have always shared with anyone that have ask in a polite manner. I have sent my sequences world wide free of charge and sent them to James for the same purpose ( to share ) , so if you think that my actions are my way of " KEEPING SECRETS " so be it.  

dibblejr, that sounds just like my accident ,  the first year but my tree ( tower ) was only 15' tall, after it fell I got up , cut the bent section off, put the tree up, then went to the emergency room for stitches.   I would like to thank you and a few others that have come along and are helping with the old school things and the new technology that has come along in the past few years.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, EARLE W. TALLEY said:

prevue12, I don't think you will find anyone on the forum that will say that I have kept SECRETS from them I have always shared with anyone that have ask in a polite manner. I have sent my sequences world wide free of charge and sent them to James for the same purpose ( to share ) , so if you think that my actions are my way of " KEEPING SECRETS " so be it.  

dibblejr, that sounds just like my accident ,  the first year but my tree ( tower ) was only 15' tall, after it fell I got up , cut the bent section off, put the tree up, then went to the emergency room for stitches.   I would like to thank you and a few others that have come along and are helping with the old school things and the new technology that has come along in the past few years.

No need to thank me I do remember those exact words from you in the past and I consider it an honor, paying it forward because lord knows I had some great people help me get things figured out. For me I rode the tree down until about 10' when the angle was to much. Things happened so fast for me that I never felt the 3/4" rebar that had penetrated my leather boots and my shin. In the video I jump right up with a small limp and my boys are running around shouting "do we call 911" . My youngest son said "daddy you have paint on your pants". We all know what that is. My Army training set in, I was able to clean and sanitize and cauterize my own injury. This hobby has caused me more than one injury but we all bounce back. 

JR

Earle - I really like the strobes on your spiral tree and want to add those to mine for next year.  Are these the 5mm "SuperSpark" lights from Christmas Light Emporium?  They are currently out of stock and I haven't found anything equivalent looking elsewhere.  If so, I'll just have to wait till they get more.  Darrell

Darrell , yes those are the ones, but there should have been 2x that many on the tree, I ordered another 3 - 4 hundred for this year, they came in but were not up to their standards so he did not sell them, all orders for the "SUPERSPARK" strobes were canceled. If I find them else wear I'll let you know .

Earle - Spiral Tree looks amazing.  I hope to be able to pull something like that off one day.

FYI - Christmas Light Emporium does have the 50 ct. Red, Green, & Cool White "SuperSpark" Strobe strings in stock currently, if anyone wants to go that route.  I had the Cool White ones on early buy with CLE last year too, that were cancelled due to quality control issues that didn't meet their standards.  I'm hoping that they will be available at some point this year, so I can try again.