Light-O-Rama Forums

After 4 years in the dark... My 2021 Christmas show. (Calgary AB)

canadianchristmas

Hi everyone, It's been awhile since I've posted a show here.

I thought I was getting out of this hobby, I was ready to sell all of my stuff, but circumstances in my life keep changing both for the better and worse, and I found myself needing a distraction, so I threw this show together last minute.

I started ordering everything in August, which was a mistake as Boscoyo got hit with hurricane ida just after I placed my order for the chroma mesh.

Luckily I was still able to get everything together, pixel pushed, and sequenced all while juggling other obligations in my life.

The show uses:

9x E6804s (built from kits)

1x Alphapix 4

1x 16 channel LOR controller

4x ESP2866 Wemo D1 mini's (Running over wifi)

I am a one person crew, everything you see I did on my own, including all the pixel pushing (I'm going to have nightmares of pixel pushing for a very long time to come).

Here is a link to the video:

https://odysee.com/@YYClights:8/Full-2021-light-show:b

I used Odysee due to not being able to get back into my youtube account. I have been locked out for a few years.

I hope you guys enjoy my show.

Take care everyone and Merry Christmas! :)

7 hours ago, weigh2fast4u@yahoo.com said:

wow. haha your whole house is a matrix! lol thats awesome. how many nodes was this??

There are just over 7000 5v bullet pixels on the house with a mix of 2" and 3" spacing. All the windows and door are 2" and the rest of the house is 3".

Then the house outline and arches are done with 12v strip, which is left over from my older shows. So in total there are just over 10k pixels when counting the strip. I eventually need to replace this strip with either bullet or square pixels, as my strip is getting old some of it being over 8 years old with lots of patch jobs, clear heat shrink and hot glue lol.

One silly thing I have going on in my show that I have to be careful of is mixing 5v and 12v pixels in a relatively small space, all using xconnects, so I have to watch where I connect things very carefully, I currently have all 12v connections labeled with coloured tape. The long term plan would be to switch everything over to 5v.