Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel Controlled TSO configuration

thenoeman

Hi, 

I purchased 2 Cosmic Color Controller II controllers with 200 pixel lights, 100 per segment. When I plugged into HUB all test fine, but when I attach to ShowTime Central playing TSO, only some of the lights work. I contacted support and the had me remove a jumper to allow me to set it to another port than 01, We set to 07, and then test and all lights work. Again when I plug into system only a few lights work. By the end of the support call i was told that I need to upgrade to pro to be able to set the lights in the controller, as the settings were grayed out. I do not mind upgrading, but before I do I just wanted to confirm I am not doing something else wrong.

Any help is greatly appreciated

David 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Mr. P.

I update to pro, and looking for guidance. I'm new to this. So for I have bought the Show Time Central with the canned TSO and jingle all the way SD cards. I have the a pixel tree, 2 singing trees, and 2 16-controllers, which all are working. So I both the pixels to see what I could do with them.  

Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks

David

10 minutes ago, thenoeman said:

I update to pro,

You wont regret that decision.  Please update you profile to reflect that change.

On 12/30/2021 at 12:06 AM, thenoeman said:

Thanks Mr. P.

I update to pro, and looking for guidance. I'm new to this. So for I have bought the Show Time Central with the canned TSO and jingle all the way SD cards. I have the a pixel tree, 2 singing trees, and 2 16-controllers, which all are working. So I both the pixels to see what I could do with them.  

Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks

David

What are you currently needing help with?

JR

Only part of the lights work. At one point when I was working with support to try and fix, they said i needed to upgrade to pro to change the settings to get all 200 lights to work. So I updated to pro. Not sure what to do next

19 minutes ago, thenoeman said:

Only part of the lights work. At one point when I was working with support to try and fix, they said i needed to upgrade to pro to change the settings to get all 200 lights to work. So I updated to pro. Not sure what to do next

You have to assign the controllers to unit IDs that are included in the sequences and have RGB lights. You can assign them props such as the RGB Windows, Flood lights, Parts of the trees. If you purchased YCM - you can modify , it makes it pretty easy. Or you will have to sequence them.

It depends on how you are running your show,

Do you have your own Preview or are you strictly using the LOR Preview?

If you was working with HD support and they told you that you would have to get a Pro license you can always reply to them that you have updated the license. Also Zoom training will start back up this Tuesday, you may want to join in and try to learn how S5 works. Its free and Official LOR. 

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Yep, they originally had me pull jumper as the assignment kept resetting to 1. Then we assign one box to 7 and other to 8. Only 25 of the 50 ran. Thus them telling me I need to get the pro license.

I'm new to this so I got the canned TSO and jingle all the way pre packaged SDs. 

Definetely will have to do the training, thanks for the info.

8 minutes ago, thenoeman said:

Yep, they originally had me pull jumper as the assignment kept resetting to 1. Then we assign one box to 7 and other to 8. Only 25 of the 50 ran. Thus them telling me I need to get the pro license.

I'm new to this so I got the canned TSO and jingle all the way pre packaged SDs. 

Definetely will have to do the training, thanks for the info.

Just an FYI- The jumper didn't have anything to do with the Unit Assignment, that would be the dip switches. The jumper needed to be removed for other reasons. Don't lose the jumper you never know if you will need it for anything.

Ive shown a lot of people how to use their add on CCR or other RGB controllers to their TSO stuff creatively. I should probably make a video to help. After next week if you would like some help feel free to ask.

JR

• The topic was locked