Light-O-Rama Forums

FPP settings for P5 panel

Timothy

So I got everything set on the color light correctly. I tested the panel in FPP and it tested out fine. I have it connected up but when I play a sequence nothing shows up on the screen. I have LED's enabled and set up in a 4x4 configuration for outputs and E1.31 enabled. Is there something else I need to set or change?

As far as LOR is concerned, it's just a large E1.31 controller.

You should be able to watch the status page on FPP and see packet counts for all the universes.

Says 70. I'm no expert but that seem low, even just for a few secs of playtime.

Edited by Timothy

image.thumb.png.601c9cbdc63bd74551581a5ffc3ca4ee.png

Why is it adding in universes and FPP channel end in like this? Do I need to change this? This does not match my prop. My prop starts on universe 7 and goes to 197.

First of all, you REALLY don't want to run it in multicast.  Use Unicast in FPP, and in LOR it is "Specify" and you give the IP address of the Falcon Player.

Second, on the E1.31 / ArtNet / DDP Inputs page, you can enter one line with all the universes rather than on like for each universe.  Ignore the FPP channel numbers (at least for now).

As for the packet count, when the LOR Comm Listener is running and LOR is not commanding lights on the panel, you should get about one packet per second.  When there is active lighting commands, that will count much faster.

BTW, what version of FPP are you running?

7 hours ago, Timothy said:

Do I need to run it in bridged mode?

Depends on which version of FPP you are running.  That process changed recently.

I am running FPP 5.4. So given the counts listed, it looks like something isn't set correctly somewhere as I had it hooked up for quite some time. Is there a website that shows how to get this up and running? I found plenty for xLights but nada for LOR.

The LOR part is really easy.  It's just a big matrix as far as the preview is concerned.  I sent you via PM a link to the prop file for my P5 matrix to use as a sample or use mine and expand / modify.  In Network Preferences, set whatever universes you will be using to "specify" and give the IP address of the FPP.  Done.  You need to have the LOR Comm Listener running (started by the control panel) in order to send E1.31 data.

Confirm that the FPP RasPi has two network connections - one directly to the ColortLight, and one to your show network, and that from the show computer, you can reach the web interface for FPP?  What are the IPs and network configuration for the FPP and show computer?

1 hour ago, k6ccc said:

The LOR part is really easy.  It's just a big matrix as far as the preview is concerned.  I sent you via PM a link to the prop file for my P5 matrix to use as a sample or use mine and expand / modify.  In Network Preferences, set whatever universes you will be using to "specify" and give the IP address of the FPP.  Done.  You need to have the LOR Comm Listener running (started by the control panel) in order to send E1.31 data.

Confirm that the FPP RasPi has two network connections - one directly to the ColortLight, and one to your show network, and that from the show computer, you can reach the web interface for FPP?  What are the IPs and network configuration for the FPP and show computer?

Yes, the matrix is set up correctly and network prefs pointing to the panel. I can connect to the FPP and use the web interface. The FPP settings are eth0 (static) set to 192.168.0.30 (and set to that in the S5 software for universes 7-197), eth1 set to DHCP at 169.254.91.205 (does it matter if it's static or not? it wouldn't seem so since it works when I test it Using FPP) and the computer is set to 192.168.0.10. 192.168.0.20 is for the mega tree which works just fine. I also have the E1.31 input on FPP set for universes 7-197 in unicast.

20 minutes ago, Timothy said:

universes 7-197),

Fails sanity check.  That is 191 universes.  A P5 panel uses 12 universes so that does not sound right.

22 minutes ago, Timothy said:

eth1 set to DHCP at 169.254.91.205 (does it matter if it's static or not? i

I assume that is the connection to the ColorLight.  Correct, the IP does not matter since the Pi to ColorLight connection is not IP.

I see you "got it working".  What was wrong?

20 minutes ago, k6ccc said:
20 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Fails sanity check.  That is 191 universes.  A P5 panel uses 12 universes so that does not sound right.

I assume that is the connection to the ColorLight.  Correct, the IP does not matter since the Pi to ColorLight connection is not IP.

I see you "got it working".  What was wrong?

98304 LEDs/512 channels per universe = 192 or is my thinking incorrect? the issue was the ethernet connection on the computer was showing 2 ethernet connections (I only have one) and was trying to send the data over the one that doesn't exist.

12 minutes ago, Timothy said:

98304 LEDs/512 channels per universe = 192 or is my thinking incorrect?

Correct, 16 P5 panels is 32,768 pixels or 98,304 channels which divided by 512 channels per universe is 192 universes.  However 7 to 197 is 191 universes.

15 minutes ago, Timothy said:

the issue was the ethernet connection on the computer was showing 2 ethernet connections (I only have one) and was trying to send the data over the one that doesn't exist.

That will do it...

12 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Correct, 16 P5 panels is 32,768 pixels or 98,304 channels which divided by 512 channels per universe is 192 universes.  However 7 to 197 is 191 universes.

That will do it...

Yea. I just used what the prop shows. When I created it I had it auto populated the needed universes and it went from 7-197. It works though so I'm happy.

3 minutes ago, Timothy said:

Yea. I just used what the prop shows. When I created it I had it auto populated the needed universes and it went from 7-197. It works though so I'm happy.

If you look at that last line, it starts on universe 197, but carries 512 channels into the next universe - 198.

1 hour ago, k6ccc said:

If you look at that last line, it starts on universe 197, but carries 512 channels into the next universe - 198.

Oh yea, it does it's not listed since it get carried over into.

2 minutes ago, Timothy said:

Oh yea, it does it's not listed since it get carried over into.

The status listing on FPP will also show all the universes - a long list in your case.

3 hours ago, k6ccc said:

The status listing on FPP will also show all the universes - a long list in your case.

Good to know. Thanks again for all the help this year. I learned a lot from you in a very short amount of time.