Light-O-Rama Forums

Transmitter works on one radio station no mattere where set - and not loud

txstgeorge

We have a Ramsey FM30B (our 3rd one - the first was a kit we couldn't figure out, the 2nd defective -- and this one too??).

PROBLEM: No matter what frequency transmitter is set to, it only plays on 102.3 on the radio. Last night it was plenty loud. Now, you can't hear it, and has loads of static. Tried resetting transmitter umpteen times. Nothing seems to work.

Ideas?

Show is supposed to start Monday night!

HELP!!!!

Guest wbottomley

txstgeorge wrote:

We have a Ramsey FM30B (our 3rd one - the first was a kit we couldn't figure out, the 2nd defective -- and this one too??).

PROBLEM: No matter what frequency transmitter is set to, it only plays on 102.3 on the radio. Last night it was plenty loud. Now, you can't hear it, and has loads of static. Tried resetting transmitter umpteen times. Nothing seems to work.

Ideas?

Show is supposed to start Monday night!

HELP!!!!

Open the manual and read the section that talks about setting the frequency.

As far as being loud, adjust the volume on your pc.

Sell it to a member (or return it and ask for your money back) ... and buy an EDM real quick.

You won't have it by Monday, but you might have it by Tuesday if you order in the next few hours today. I have one pre-assembled for you and already tested.

This is why I push EDM transmitters ... folks on their 3rd and still having
problems?! Thats terrible. :(

PM me if your interested. EDM sale details on my web site:

http://www.rockinchristmas.com

Scott

Speaking of EDM, I received mine Thursday and it took me three whole minutes to get it working. It worked perfect the first time and I am getting pretty good distance with it.

A big thanks to Scott for bringing this unit it me attention.

txstgeorge,

Did you see my reply on the your other post from yesterday? Make sure you are saving your configuration to flash when you complete the setup. It sounds like your transmitter is set to the frequency that you're transmitting on and you are possibly overdriving it.

Did you get these transmitters from the same source? If so, who? :(

SB