Light-O-Rama Forums

Having trouble getting com ports straightened out🤬

Biff

2 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Please post a screen capture of what it says instead.

Not doing it now but won’t let me enable show. Can’t send pic because it said file is to big. On the LOR network it says Network = Regular/ Port=4 / speed= 57.6  then Network = Aux A / port=3 / speed is enhanced 500k.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Biff

• k6ccc

• TheDucks

• dibblejr

I should have mentioned that this forum allows very little upload space.  Upload the screen capture to a website, and post a link.  You can use any website you control, or something like Google Docs, Dropbox (remember to make the file public).

2 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

I should have mentioned that this forum allows very little upload space.  Upload the screen capture to a website, and post a link.  You can use any website you control, or something like Google Docs, Dropbox (remember to make the file public).

Ok I’ll try

You don't have the option for "Launch at Startup" selected - you should.  Everything else looks OK.

For future reference, a screen capture works far better than a photo of the screen.  The "Snipping Tool" has been part of Windows for years and newer version with Windows 10.

Still trying to get pixel tree to go. Here is what I think is going on. The program is not recognizing the pixel tree controller. When I try to follow the instructions for set up in the light o Rama hardware box. I set up manually com 3. Then I go to select unit to configure it shows comm3 in use. When I go to the select unit there is nothing for me to select which should be pixel tree (according to the instructions). I also upped the max unit ID to 45 as per instructions. So I’m pretty sure that the pixel tree controller is not set. 
I also get Port in Use message. Which says: That this serial port is in use by another process (perhaps the com listener). The hardware utility cannot use the port until the other process stops using it. It also says that: The hardware utility can tell the comm listener to stop using the port, but this would cause your showers to be unable to control the lights on the port (until the HU stops using the ports). 
so any suggestions? 

Only one process can use a Comm Port at the same time, so yes, if the Comm Listener is active and therefore using a port (even if nothing is going on), the Hardware Utility can't use that Comm Port.  Although the Hardware Utility can ask the Comm Listener to stop using the Comm Port, I do not find that reliable.  Instead, right click on the LOR lightbuld in the system tray and select "Unload Light O Rama".  That will shut down the Comm Listener and should release the Comm Port or ports.  When you are completed with the HU, exit the HU and THEN start the LOR Control Panel (which will also start the Comm Listener).

Similarly, if you try to start the Comm Listener (by starting the LOR Control Panel) while the Hardware Utility is running, there will be a port conflict.

That did find is and it is assigned. I tried to use the light test button on the HU using the pixel console but nothing happens. I opened up the, pixel control box and have a green and solid red light. Now what?

17 minutes ago, Biff said:

That did find is and it is assigned. I tried to use the light test button on the HU using the pixel console but nothing happens. I opened up the, pixel control box and have a green and solid red light. Now what?

I would suggest taking a break until we talk tonight. If you get overly frustrated while on the phone it would not be helpful.

JR

8 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

I would suggest taking a break until we talk tonight. If you get overly frustrated while on the phone it would not be helpful.

JR

Ok.. Setting up some static stuff anyway… 👍