Light-O-Rama Forums

Only 1 Singing Tree working, same setup as last year worked fine?

Austinite

12 minutes ago, Austinite said:

I cannot get it to come out gently, too afraid to pull on it and break something.

I have bent bladed PLASTIC tools, that I can slip UNDER the edges. You inch it up alternating ends.

You want plastic or wood, just in case there are traces (you don't want to damage).

You might ask LOR support before prying IF THEY ARE SOCKETED. IT IS POSSIBLE THEY HAD cold solder joints 😐

Were you handling these without covers BEFORE the probs? Is there a foam pad inside the cover (over the PSU)?

2 hours ago, TheDucks said:

I have bent bladed PLASTIC tools, that I can slip UNDER the edges. You inch it up alternating ends.

You want plastic or wood, just in case there are traces (you don't want to damage).

You might ask LOR support before prying IF THEY ARE SOCKETED. IT IS POSSIBLE THEY HAD cold solder joints 😐

Were you handling these without covers BEFORE the probs? Is there a foam pad inside the cover (over the PSU)?

Yeah, I stopped. Opened up a trouble ticket earlier and they asked which models were having issues. I don't have those tools. No foam pad or anything inside the box, took covers off to see lights which is the only way I know of.

1 hour ago, Austinite said:

Yeah, I stopped. Opened up a trouble ticket earlier and they asked which models were having issues. I don't have those tools. No foam pad or anything inside the box, took covers off to see lights which is the only way I know of.

Something is really off. If the PS module was socketed, I would have expected some retention method (FOAM pad is a simple way). A cable tie around was the method we used to keep small transformers in place (survive the impact shock test)

4 hours ago, TheDucks said:

Something is really off. If the PS module was socketed, I would have expected some retention method (FOAM pad is a simple way). A cable tie around was the method we used to keep small transformers in place (survive the impact shock test)

I'm certain none of the 3 boxes had foam pads in them when the covers were taken off. Sure does make a lot of sense now of course. Ugh. I did put one in the 2nd box that I got working again when putting the cover back on and it stayed on throughout the show tonight. Just really wish I could get Elden to work. Going to order a new pixie tomorrow if the help desk doesn't have some other solution that can get me going, don't know what else to do at this point.

4 minutes ago, Austinite said:

I'm certain none of the 3 boxes had foam pads in them when the covers were taken off. Sure does make a lot of sense now of course. Ugh. I did put one in the 2nd box that I got working again when putting the cover back on and it stayed on throughout the show tonight. Just really wish I could get Elden to work. Going to order a new pixie tomorrow if the help desk doesn't have some other solution that can get me going, don't know what else to do at this point.

They do not have foam pads in them. Never have.

JR

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dibblejr said:

They do not have foam pads in them. Never have.

JR

Based on my experience the comm chips have failed. Unusual for two to fail but no light, HU not finding them, no blown fuse, no circuit breaker trip, all units on same extension cord. Positive that the chips went. 

JR

• The topic was locked