Light-O-Rama Forums

Singing trees are out of sync with music

mike97520

I have been running LOR for several years. I purchased S5 last year, but haven't had the time to upgrade, so I am still running S4. I run my lights from a Toshiba laptop running Windows 8. I have 3 Showtime controllers (30amp 16 plugs) that control my singing trees and basic yard lights. In the past, I have had 4 cb 100d controllers run a weber tree. This year, I added 3 more cb 100d controllers to run the roof lights and replace the 4 separate strings of basic Christmas lights that had previously lined the house eaves. Setting up the lights this year, I couldn't find the bluetooth adapter I had used to power my outside speakers for several years. After an exhausted search, I gave up and ordered a new bluetooth adapter from Amazon. 

Everything works fine except the 4 singing trees are out of sync with the music.  They are controlled by two different Showtime controllers, so I have eliminated that as a possibility. The lights on the trees come on about 2-3 seconds before the singing/music through the bluetooth speakers. Every song in the show appears to be off the same amount of delay.

Has anyone else experienced this delay in their shows? I am suspecting the Bluetooth adapter (see picture)I am wondering how I get everything in sync again.

I've not had a problem with it until this year. 

Thanks Mike Schilling ~ Ashland Oregon

bluetooth adapter pic.jpg

My first guess is that it's not that the singing trees are coming out a couple seconds before the music, but rather that the music is coming out several seconds after the show computer is sending the audio.  Bluetooth is famous for delay.  My first bet is that the bluetooth is delaying the audio by the couple seconds.  As a test, plug a pair of headphones or computer speakers into a wired jack on the computer and confirm that the music and lights are in sync.  Yes, may have to convince the computer to play the audio out the wired line out or headset jack instead of the bluetooth (unplug it would be a start).

BTW, the delay in bluetooth even at its best is enough that you should NEVER sequence with bluetooth speakers or headphones.  You will be creating sequences that are out of sync.

Yes, bluetooth adapter or the new audio systems in cars esp my Tundra - absolutely fail.

When I purchased my truck new in 2019 after New Years I didnt have a show up.

2019 Halloween rolled in to watch my show after a night out and the faces looked horrible. Went in shut the show down and went through many sequences and all was well. Retarted the show and went back out with my golf cart and all was well.

Jumped back in the truck and went out and they were off again.

Thats when I decided the bluetooth audio sucks, Its simply that.

JR