Light-O-Rama Forums

ERROR: Cannot Paste - Start Time Cannot Be less Than End Time 1480/1480

jeffostroff

I'm in Sequence Editor 2.0.16, and I just copied a column of 8 blocks of "on cells" to the windows clipboard using CTRL-C. But when I try to paste them to another location and I get this cryptic error message thst says:

"Cannot Paste - Start Time Cannot Be less Than End Time 1480/1480"

Nothing annoys me more than an error message that does not even make sense as to what it's trying to tell you.

lor-error%20copy.jpg

What the heck does this mean?

I thought this version was supposed to wow us, but man, I'm finding more bugs than in LOR I. Also, I get that skip back to the beginning and play the first half second glitch like everyone else, but for me it happens every single time I play during simuation.

Lastly, they never fixed that bug from LOR 1 where you select a cell, and the whole screen jumps.

Oh boy, it's going to be along winter....

Suggestions please...

I have the cell jump from time to time and it is a PIA.

But before you trash everything here and badmouth why not try copying with your mouse and pasting. I never use my keys for simple stuff.

Just hold down right click and then copy, should work with no problem.

Robin:

I tried both methods, the keyboard and the mouse already. I had done that days ago when I first saw the problem. The bug is still there either way.

The workaround I use is I just find another incidence of the cell pattern I want to copy, and I then copy from that new incidence and it works just fine. I see this error about twice a day. Closing out of the program does not help either, I just have to make my copy from a different cell when I see the error.

It's just that once in a while, it gets into a tizzy, it doesn't like a cell I choose, it doesn't like me, and it rejects me. It's like the bouncers at those elite clubs that randomly decide who to let in.

The bug has nothing to do with whether I use the keyboard or mouse, it's the same cut and paste function in windows. A bug is a bug, there's nothing that I was doing wrong.

Bugs don't happen to everyone. Bugs happen to all those whose current state of affairs on their PC, in combination with the software routine in the code triggeres the event.

There's lots of bugs I see reported by other poeple that I never see, because my conditions don't duplicate the conditions that would trigger the bug they see.

Aha! Thanks for finding that Chuck!

So you see Robin, other people ARE indeed reporting this bug. It's not just me. I knew I was not alone. In fact anytime Windows or other programs give me an error message I've never seen before, I can Google it and find hundreds of others wit the same problem.

If anyone has a sequence that they can make this happen on, I would appreciate it if you would please send me a copy of that sequence, along with instructions on what needs to be pasted to where in order to get it to happen.

I suspect, though, that it's possible that saving the sequence, closing it, and reopening it might "fix" the problem. If this happens to anybody, please try that, and please let me know whether it works or not.

Thanks.

That hs not fixed the problem when I tried it. That was always the first thing I tried. It's as though the software has identified that cell as a tainted cell, like a borrower with bad credit that you refuse to lend money to. Even closing out fo the program and coming back in, it still views that cell as having issues.

It has not happened in several days, but I'll send you my sequence if it does happen.

OK, one person sent me a sequence that this happens on, and (at least for that sequence), the problem was as follows:

In a certain channel, there was what I assume was supposed to be an "on" event, from 3:18.18 to 3:19.21. But it was really this:

• 3:18.18 - 3:18.25 = On
  • 3:18.25 - 3:18.26 = Fade up, 88% to 100%
  • 3:18.26 - 3:18.27 = Off
  • 3:18.27 - 3:19.21 = On

When you paste to a cell that is smaller than the cell that you cut/copied from, the events have to be "shrunk" to fit the new cell (assuming "paste by cell" is enabled, as opposed to "paste by time").

Those events are already as short as they're allowed to be - one single centisecond. So when they get shrunk, they get shrunk down to zero length, and LOR complains when you try to paste a zero length event.

We will get this bug fixed. In the meantime, a workaround would be to make sure you don't have any such tiny events - for example, turning on the whole range 3:18.18 - 3:19.21 in the example shown above before cutting.

Sorry for the problem, and I hope this workaround is not too much of a hassle. Thanks for pointing this problem out.