Light-O-Rama Forums

How do I sequence AC lights at the Group level?

Master Edd

Another noob question about the S5 Sequencer (been using LOR for 7 years, but new to S5).

I finally cleaned up my sequencer and made a bunch of groups. But, they behave differently than in the tutorial videos?

My goal: Sequence at the group level (e.g., "All Blue") and whatever I sequence on that line would apply to all items within that group. Then I could expand that group and sequence at the individual prop level if I wanted. As you can see in the screenshot, the group-level is all 'x' and I cannot sequence. In my attempts to resolve, I added a Motion Effects row, but if I sequence in the Motion Effects row, although it seems to work in the visualizer, it does not repeat the sequencing in the individual prop rows.

By the way, my ideal state would be a group that expands WITHOUT the extra rows ("All Blue" with a +/- button, and when expanded, the props appear under the group without Member Props, etc.). But I assume this is coded in S5 and is not an option to configure differently.

Note: I got help previously about a similar issue for pixels (thanks JR), but I can't seem to get the black X to go away for the AC lights.

image.thumb.png.d2a93ef7bf35e0ac651decd83802438a.png 

Thanks!

49 minutes ago, Master Edd said:

Anyone? I am sure it is simple and I just overlooked something.

Are you trying to apply the same to all members of the group? Just apply when collapsed.

I want to be able to sequence in the group line, but I cannot (it is blocked with X's). Each time a create a group this happens - and this does not happen in the tutorials, so I am confused.

My goal is simple, lets take the "All Blue" group: I should be able to put "All On" in that group line, making all items in that group on. But again, it is X'd out and I can't.

(ignore the Motion Effect row in the screenshot, that was a desperation attempt to make it work)