Light-O-Rama Forums

SD Card Creation/Graphic Image Files in Sequences Question

machtoo

I have been doing LOR since 2008 but never needed to ask this.  With S5 and and the loredit files, at what point does a graphic file get pulled and stored for the sequence/loredit file?  Reason for asking is if I edit a graphic image file used in a motion effect, leave the file name the same, and then rebuild the show in the hub, does it pull the edited version of the graphic to build the show?  Or, does the motion effect itself in the sequence have to be edited to update the graphic image?  Thanks

That is what I assumed...so if I edit a graphic image used in a sequence the edited version should get pull edit based on the file path provided in the motion effect?

Don, I have been posting on an issue I have seen with the new pixel tree.  I use graphic images like jpg or png files in a motion effect.  What I discovered is many of the images with a black background show a pinkish color on the pixels when displayed.  They display perfectly in the previewer.  Black is black.  some of the comments indicated to use a vector format but noticed today when experimenting that the file selection for the motion effect does not recognize or see anything but raster formats like jpg png tiff etc.  So what is the trick to getting black to be black on the pixels...off in other words.  I tried manually setting the black backgrounds to RGB 0,0,0 in my graphics editing tool but did not resolve the issue.  Need some guidance on how to get blacks in image files to display properly as black on the pixels.  Thanks