Light-O-Rama Forums

FM Transmitter

Artstaw

CZH-05B is what a bunch of us use, I have been using mine since 2015 without fail, Amazon has them in stock I believe around $120.

Keith

50 minutes ago, Kapkirk said:

CZH-05B is what a bunch of us use, I have been using mine since 2015 without fail, Amazon has them in stock I believe around $120.

Keith

thanks. I just remember the on eI gave to my son (I retired from lights for 7 years) was Mobile Black Box, that one worked well as I recall 

2 hours ago, Artstaw said:

Any recommendation for a good FM transmitter? I bought the one from LOL but its junk in my opinion. 

I've got two of the Whole House Transmitter's and they work great - about 2 city blocks in both towns. Gave them to my Dad for his show and got the CZH-05B that everyone raves about  - it works fine as well but no more range the than the Whole House.  The CZH was only like $70 from AJ's Outlet so a pretty good deal.

Search for CZE-05b or CZH-05b.  Lots of options.

34 minutes ago, LaughsBrightly said:

I've got two of the Whole House Transmitter's and they work great

Ah, the Whole Room Transmitter.  Common nickname based on how well it works.  I have one and would agree with that description.  With that said, I understand that the version 3.0 now being sold is better than the 2.0 that I have.

I also use the Whole House Transmitter that came with my original mini-Director back in 2014.  I use a 10' wire antenna (which it came with) that I string up in my front porch area.  It gives me a couple hundred yard distance.  I had to add some ferrite magnets to the power and audio input line to remove noise as my show got bigger.  But I have no reason to change from it.