Light-O-Rama Forums

uMP3g4 vs uMP3g3

mattmetzger

Does anyone know what the difference is between generation 3 and 4 of these mini directors? I received a uMP3g4 with my order recently, but the website only has a manual for the third generation model. I'm curious what differences to expect between the two.

I'm not sure but no doubt it is on their website. I have an older mini Mp3 Director unit that I haven't used for some time & as a test I bought it out & plugged the cat 5 cable into it to see if it would run the show including the smart pixels on the house, the 3 smart pixel arches, the 16 x 25 smart pixel tree, and the 6 by 50 smart pixel geometrical tree, plus 2 regular AC 8 channel each Starbursts, & the 2 colour 24 AC channel tree, & the 22 AC channel mini trees, plus the yard lights & so far it runs everything smoothly. I don't get carried away with my pixel trees.  The pixel trees only come on in certain parts of the song & even though they may spin at times I prefer to have them do something different than what the 24 channel tree does. Like spiral, or run up & down the trees.

I said that to say I'm impressed what the older version can do as long as I don't get to carried away by adding to much or any animated characters.

Edited by lightzilla