Light-O-Rama Forums

Aux Networks won't work

nibleylights

Almost this entire thread has revolved around playing from a computer, but your screen captures are as Don pointed out, for writing a SD card for a director.  What are you playing the show from?  A computer, or a Director (and if so, which one)?

2 hours ago, Don said:

That's not the Network Preferences. That's the LOR Hub and the SD card creation.

Go back to your sequence(s) and see what you have configured in the Preview. That's going to determine how the Networks are pulled in for the SD card creation process.

AC Lights are set for LOR Network 1

Pixie 8 set for AUX A

2 minutes ago, camarozl1owner said:

AC Lights are set for LOR Network 1

Pixie 8 set for AUX A

There is no such designation of "Network 1." Do you mean it's set for the REGular network?

4 minutes ago, Don said:

There is no such designation of "Network 1." Do you mean it's set for the REGular network?

So, everything went south when I tried to add my Pixie 8 controller to my network without knowing I needed a second adapter serial cable to set both network devices.

Network 1 for my 2 16 channel controllers gen 3

Pixie 8 card with 8 comic ribbons on Network Aux

Director plays my 8 arches only and when my 5 shows are over the LOR 16 channels turn on for the last 10 minutes of the 30 minute schedule.

Hope this is much clearer.

My new serial adapter arrives sometime tomorrow!!!!!

IMG_2237.jpg

1 minute ago, camarozl1owner said:

Hope this is much clearer.

It's actually more confusing.

You mention that you are running the show from a Director, which means that you have no use for USB Adapters when running your show. You actually don't need ANY to run the show from the Director. The controllers plug into the Director.

Open the Sequencer. Look at your PREVIEW. Click on String Summary and see what is listed there. Do you have REG and AuxA?
Now open a Sequence. Is that Sequence using the PREVIEW you just looked at?
Create a SINGLE show with a SINGLE sequence in it. When you go write the SD card with the Advanced option, do yo get REG and AuxA?

You have 5 Shows? Or 1 Show with 5 Sequences?
With 2 16 Gen3 controllers and 1 Pixie 8, you could run all of them on a single network.

6 minutes ago, camarozl1owner said:

Director plays my 8 arches only and when my 5 shows are over the LOR 16 channels turn on for the last 10 minutes of the 30 minute schedule.

Okay, so if you are using the Director, did you create a SINGLE Show that runs for 30 minutes? And in this SHOW are 5 Sequences?

We're trying to help, and I'm not trying to be a prick or anything, but please try to get the terminology correct. We're all going on wild goose chases because a word is thrown out that means one thing, when you mean something else completely. https://www1.lightorama.com/downloads/5.6.8/help/getting_started_with_light-o-r.htm#terms

2 hours ago, Don said:

It's actually more confusing.

You mention that you are running the show from a Director, which means that you have no use for USB Adapters when running your show. You actually don't need ANY to run the show from the Director. The controllers plug into the Director.

Open the Sequencer. Look at your PREVIEW. Click on String Summary and see what is listed there. Do you have REG and AuxA?
Now open a Sequence. Is that Sequence using the PREVIEW you just looked at?
Create a SINGLE show with a SINGLE sequence in it. When you go write the SD card with the Advanced option, do yo get REG and AuxA?

You have 5 Shows? Or 1 Show with 5 Sequences?
With 2 16 Gen3 controllers and 1 Pixie 8, you could run all of them on a single network.

Okay, so if you are using the Director, did you create a SINGLE Show that runs for 30 minutes? And in this SHOW are 5 Sequences?

We're trying to help, and I'm not trying to be a prick or anything, but please try to get the terminology correct. We're all going on wild goose chases because a word is thrown out that means one thing, when you mean something else completely. https://www1.lightorama.com/downloads/5.6.8/help/getting_started_with_light-o-r.htm#terms

Okay I guess I'm still learning s5 sorry!!!!

Yes 5 sequences for one show. I don't have anything in my light string summary.

3 hours ago, camarozl1owner said:

Okay I guess I'm still learning s5 sorry!!!!

Yes 5 sequences for one show. I don't have anything in my light string summary.

If you don't have anything in the String Summary, then your props are not configured at all.

Yes I just found that out!!!!!

So, I tried to bring my S4 sequence over to S5 and I guess I need to make new sequences?

I started one and it shows regular network too! Thanks for your help too!

8 minutes ago, camarozl1owner said:

Yes I just found that out!!!!!

So, I tried to bring my S4 sequence over to S5 and I guess I need to make new sequences?

I started one and it shows regular network too! Thanks for your help too!

You do not need to make new sequences. You may need to update some things and or create a new or working Preview but the sequences will work. I do it daily.

JR

14 minutes ago, camarozl1owner said:

So, I tried to bring my S4 sequence over to S5

That would have been something to include in the original question.

As JR said, you don't need new sequences, you just need to update/create your preview.

2 hours ago, Don said:

That would have been something to include in the original question.

As JR said, you don't need new sequences, you just need to update/create your preview.

My sequences are up and running correctly!!!!! just waiting for my High speed adapter cable for my comm setting for my pixie 8 card!!!

1 minute ago, camarozl1owner said:

My sequences are up and running correctly!!!!! just waiting for my High speed adapter cable for my comm setting for my pixie 8 card!!!

But... I thought you were running from a director? Why do you think you need a high speed adapter?

10 hours ago, Don said:

But... I thought you were running from a director? Why do you think you need a high speed adapter?

for my pixie 8 card so I can set up another comm port (500K) for it on a separate network is what I'm seeing on light-o-rama videos.

So I got everything up and running. Pixie channel one doesn't work just stays green the whole song and all my sequences. HELP!!!!!

Hardware tester it works just fine.

First of all, assuming you mean one string of pixels on a Pixie controller, that is not a "channel" but rather an output or port.  Or do you mean the first pixel (also not a "channel")?

Also to re-ask what Don asked - Are you playing from a Director or a PC?  If a PC, do you have the Control Panel running (which also starts the Comm Listener)?

22 minutes ago, camarozl1owner said:

So I got everything up and running. Pixie channel one doesn't work just stays green the whole song and all my sequences. HELP!!!!!

Hardware tester it works just fine.

Never mind found the issue!!!! Thanks