Light-O-Rama Forums

Aux Networks won't work

nibleylights

I have two networks I need to run.  One runs the legacy CTB16 controllers and one network for the CCC-II controllers.  I just added the pixel lights this year.  The problem is that the network that is setup to run out of the regular LOR network is the only one that works.  I can't get the aux A network to play.  I've switched my networks around and both the CTB16 controllers and the pixel lights will work independently out of the regular network port.  They just work work together.  The one assigned to aux A won't play.  Any ideas?

networks.PNG

are you sure about COM5 being the other adapter?

💡 Use the pulldown in HU to see recognized Com ports

DO NOT Click Use For Show

To confirm the Comm port assignments, unplug both adapters and start the Windows Device Manager.  Expand the section on "Ports (COM & LPT)".  Plug in ONE of your USB to RS-485 adapters and you will see that Comm Port show up.  Note what Comm port number is assigned.  If unsure which one it is, unplug it and watch that Comm port number go away.  Then repeat for the second USB to RS-485 adapter.  Mark or label the adapters as to which adapter is which Comm Port number.  Generally on a given computer those numbers will not change ON THAT COMPUTER.  That has no bearing on another computer.

And to expand on what TheDucks said, DO NOT use the "Auto Configure" button in the Hardware Utility.  That works OK if you have a single LOR network, but will mess you up if you have multiple networks.

Thanks everyone for your support.  Unfortunately I have tried all the things you've suggested.  I tried it on my laptop and got the same results.  I'll attach pictures below.  Comm 7 is for the pixels.  It's configured at 500K and enhanced checked.  I've attached hardware manager snapshots to show that the 2 CCC-2's show up and are devices 44-48.  Then I added snapshots of the pixel editor preview for the controllers to show that they are linked to devices 44-48.  

Comm 8 is linked to my other 6 devices.  You can see snapshots of those.

What about any other settings in the comm port settings?  Should I change any of the settings for bits per second?

comm 7 hw manager.PNG

com 8 HW manager.PNG

device manager comms 7 and 8.PNG

network preferences.PNG

bits per second.PNG

preview.PNG

The definition you have for the prop looks wrong.  (The last screen capture).  You have the prop assigned to the Regular Network but the rest of your screen captures show that you need addresses 44,45,46 and 47 to be assigned to the Aux A network.

Basis21b you are right.  I just figured that out as well with the help of a friend...

I didn't understand that the network had to be specified in the pixel editor.  I thought the network preferences would just take care of the 2 networks.  I can't believe I missed that.  

Thanks to you and everyone who posted suggestions.  I'm definitely moving to S5 next year!  Merry Christmas everyone!

• Like 1

On 12/5/2021 at 9:54 AM, k6ccc said:

To confirm the Comm port assignments, unplug both adapters and start the Windows Device Manager.  Expand the section on "Ports (COM & LPT)".  Plug in ONE of your USB to RS-485 adapters and you will see that Comm Port show up.  Note what Comm port number is assigned.  If unsure which one it is, unplug it and watch that Comm port number go away.  Then repeat for the second USB to RS-485 adapter.  Mark or label the adapters as to which adapter is which Comm Port number.  Generally on a given computer those numbers will not change ON THAT COMPUTER.  That has no bearing on another computer.

And to expand on what TheDucks said, DO NOT use the "Auto Configure" button in the Hardware Utility.  That works OK if you have a single LOR network, but will mess you up if you have multiple networks.

So, you must use two RS-485 adapter for two or more networks? I just figured out the must be true!!!!!

1 minute ago, camarozl1owner said:

So, you must use two RS-485 adapter for two or more networks? I just figured out the must be true!!!!!

Yep.  One USB to RS-485 adapter for each LOR network.

How do I get my network reset back to show 1 as Regular and 2 AUX A in the advance show build? Or will it fix it self when I get my second adapter cable? Thanks!!!!

4 minutes ago, camarozl1owner said:

How do I get my network reset back to show 1 as Regular and 2 AUX A in the advance show build? Or will it fix it self when I get my second adapter cable? Thanks!!!!

Com1n2.jpg

55 minutes ago, camarozl1owner said:

Yes, been there both my shows AUX A in Both and can't change it!

Wait, what? The Network Preferences is show AUXA on the top two lines? If that's the case, you have much bigger problems.

1 hour ago, camarozl1owner said:

Yes, been there both my shows AUX A in Both and can't change it!

Show a screen capture.  That does not make sense.

What you are describing does not make sense.  Please post  screen capture so we can see what you have.  Until then, we are just guessing.

7 hours ago, camarozl1owner said:

How do I fix it then?

We can’t tell you how to fix it if we can’t see it and if what you say is what’s showing it’s going to take a concerted effort to get some sort of idea.

JR

16 hours ago, dibblejr said:

We can’t tell you how to fix it if we can’t see it and if what you say is what’s showing it’s going to take a concerted effort to get some sort of idea.

JR

Okay here are the pictures both networks are stuck in AUX A

IMG_2237.jpg

IMG_2239.jpg

IMG_2235.jpg

IMG_2236.jpg

That's not the Network Preferences. That's the LOR Hub and the SD card creation.

Go back to your sequence(s) and see what you have configured in the Preview. That's going to determine how the Networks are pulled in for the SD card creation process.