Light-O-Rama Forums

assigning channels to a certain controller

jaosh

just got my second 16 ch controller to go with my other 16 ch and have my show ready just not quite sure how to assign the first 16 to one controller and the next to another. my show feeds into the one for 17-32 and the other that is fed from the controller is 1-16. i am firing them both up tomorrow and checking lights. i think all i have to do is name the channels to what number controller and does not matter the order of looping just want confirmation, thanks

Josh - Make sure you assign an address to each controller (see your manual). Then in your sequence editor, click on each channel button down the left hand side of the screen. When you do, you will be able to select your unit and channel ID. Work your way down through the entire list of channels, and you're done.

Good Luck.

D.T.

Hey Josh

Another easy way to assign channel configuration is to go to the "Tools", then to "Channel Property Grid".

It will let you assign the channels, colors, controller type, and more as well as you can then print out the assignments to use when you go out to do your lights hookup.

It sure helps when you are looking at all those extension cords and plugs outside and the snow is blowing :shock:.

• 11 months later...

beeiilll wrote:

Hey Josh

Another easy way to assign channel configuration is to go to the "Tools", then to "Channel Property Grid".

It will let you assign the channels, colors, controller type, and more as well as you can then print out the assignments to use when you go out to do your lights hookup.

It sure helps when you are looking at all those extension cords and plugs outside and the snow is blowing :shock:.

Wow I wish I had known about that before I used Excel and entered everything manually!
I printed it out and place each one in its controller.