Light-O-Rama Forums

Mp3 Director and multiple shows

JEShore

I am running LOR 4.4 and want to add a show for 1 day only at a specific time.  I usually do a weekly schedule that runs from 5pm-10pm and I want on a Tuesday to add a 10am-11am different show.

I have created the two shows and see it in the show scheduler but it looks like the MP3 Director kind of ignores all of that and I have to put in the sequences and times for each show.  Do I create the single show as Show 1 and my usual show as Show 2?   This software is really not making sense to me, I seem to create things just to create the same things again in a different program.  I have looked around and watched lots of youtube videos but haven't found anything that covers this issue with the MP3 director.  Any guidance would be appreciated.

Are you trying to run BOTH shows in the same time slot on Tuesday?  Directors can only run ONE SHOW at a time, so if you have a "special show" for Tuesday, you set that show up as any Show # NOT being used and make sure NO OTHER SHOW shares or crosses over into it's time.  If so, the Show with the earlier time start will start and run its duration, and your "special show" will be avoided and not run.   Which is what sounds like is happening.

Here's an example of what you need to do: {Providing your Director is one like the N2-G4 or N4-G4 with real time clock built-in}

Select Days for your normal show and times:   I'll put your special Tuesday Show starting at say 7pm and runs 1 hour until 8pm.

Show 01 {Main Show}: Sun/Mon/Wed/Thu/Fri/Sat: Start 5:30pm End: 9pm {Tues ONLY: Start Time: 5:30 End Time 7:59pm MAIN SHOW ONLY}

Show 02 {Tuesday ONLY: Start: 7pm End: 8pm {all other days and times remain the same}

Show 03 {Main Show}: Tues ONLY: Start: 8:01pm End: 9pm {starts your main show back up AFTER your special show ends}.   All other days and times remain the same.

This will run every week exactly the same way, if you are only doing this special show once, then you need to redo your SD Card again and remove Show 02 and Show 03 and set Tues to be the same time as every other day for your main show run time.

NOTE: my times are just for example, your Show Start and End time may be completely different.  These examples are just a guide to show you how to accomplish what you're trying to do using a Director unit.

It's actually very easy once you get the hang of it.  This set up ONLY WORKS with Directors that have a Real Built-In Time Clock, it can be done with external timers and other directors that don't have the clock, but it becomes a lot more cumbersome and a little more complex to accomplish.

I do stuff like this all the time with my N4-G4 Director.   It seems more difficult than it truly is.  Once you get the hang of programming the Director, it'll be a breeze.

Good luck on getting that Special Show operational.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, JEShore said:

I usually do a weekly schedule that runs from 5pm-10pm and I want on a Tuesday to add a 10am-11am different show.

26 minutes ago, Orville said:

Are you trying to run BOTH shows in the same time slot on Tuesday?

Doesn't look like it to me.

Even if it's 10 pm - 11 pm, still doesn't look like it to me.

@JEShore - Since your shows are running at different times, just create a second show and put it on the SD card. Show 1 = Normal. Show 2 = Special Tuesday.

11 hours ago, Don said:

Doesn't look like it to me.

Even if it's 10 pm - 11 pm, still doesn't look like it to me.

@JEShore - Since your shows are running at different times, just create a second show and put it on the SD card. Show 1 = Normal. Show 2 = Special Tuesday.

Sorry, missed that part, being *BLIND* does have its disadvantages.    I'm lucky to put up a display and pull off my own shows with my current vision as it is.

Thanks all, I think I understand it now.  Orville, I like your suggestion of making the day of the special show unique.   I am going to create these shows;

1.  Normal:  Sun,Mon,Wed,Thu,Fri,Sat   5pm-10pm

2.  Special Day  - Daylight show:    Tue  10am-11am

3.  Special Day normal show:   Tue 5pm-10pm

With these 3 shows on 1 SD card then my G4-MP3 Director.  Just to be safe I will have my 7 day show card with me when I check it out for the Tuesday Night show.  Once quick swap out and all is good again!

5 hours ago, JEShore said:

Thanks all, I think I understand it now.  Orville, I like your suggestion of making the day of the special show unique.   I am going to create these shows;

1.  Normal:  Sun,Mon,Wed,Thu,Fri,Sat   5pm-10pm

2.  Special Day  - Daylight show:    Tue  10am-11am

3.  Special Day normal show:   Tue 5pm-10pm

With these 3 shows on 1 SD card then my G4-MP3 Director.  Just to be safe I will have my 7 day show card with me when I check it out for the Tuesday Night show.  Once quick swap out and all is good again!

You actually do not need the 3rd show, since your Tuesday show is during the day, all you need is show 2, your normal show can still stay the same for all 7 days.  So all you need is your main show, Show 01 for every day starting at 5pm and end at 10pm

The only show, your Tuesday Special Show, which is Show 02 only needs to be set on Tuesday from 10am-11am.  Show 03 is actually quite unnecessary in your case.

I run several shows, I have a total of 6, my Show 01 is actually my off hours Christmas music that I run during daylight hours from 7am-5:15pm, and my main show {Show 02} starts 1t 5:30pm and ends at 10pm Sunday-Thursday, 11pm on Friday and Saturday.  And I have a couple of other shows that turn lights off at the end of any light shows I have that run for 1 minutes at the end of those shows, and I have a show for my overnight lights.  In total I'm actually running 5 shows a night 7 days a week.