Light-O-Rama Forums

How do I add controllers to existing sequences

pdowns

I bought several sequences from LOR to get me through this first year. As I designed my display I realized I needed to spread the power through more LOR controllers. But I wanted to use the same sequences. I now have Units 1, 2 and 3 and they all work fine in the Hardware Control utility.

I thought I'd be able to just change the Unit ID on a channel in the existing sequences but this isn't working. (I'm going nuts trying to figure this out.) The odd (unexpected) result is that when I play the sequence, lights will work on only 1 of the 3 controllers (the last one I reference). Please don't tell me this is a feature of the purchased sequences!

I'm using the Sequence Editor 2.0.16.

Help!

This year I am not doing a show, but wish I was. If I remember right, it should be as easy as assigning channels in the sequences. So instead of roof lights on controller 1- channel 12, you change it for your other controllers.

I think this is the way, if not I'll be corrected.

Hi Pat,

Welcome....I haven't purchased sequences, but I believe they come in 16 channel and 32 channel versions, correct?

It sounds like you are trying to use 48 channels, so what you have to do is what I would call "adapt" the sequences with their 16 or 32 channels and map them to your 48 channels. This means that some of the existing channels in your purchased sequences will be used more than once in your final 48 channel sequence.

Typically this is done by copying and pasting certain channels in the existing sequence to the new channels you're trying to fill up or program so that you end up with certain features (chases, etc.) in more than one place in your final product.

Does that help? Please write back if you have more questions and I'[m sure that the nice folks here can help you get started....

I can also help you work on this sequence tonight, as I am about finished setting up my display for the day....You can send me a Private Message if you'd like more help.

Thanks, Randy

Ooops, never mind. Yes, it is as easy as using the grid editor or simply changing the channel assignment in a sequence.

I had two units with the wrong unit id and my lights plugged in to the wrong plugs. Duh!

It's my first year ....

I doubt this is a software problem. You should just be able to go into the channel property grid and just change the unit number and channel number to assign it to a new controller.

Or, you can just click on the channel name and change it from there.

How are you trying to make the changes?

Don't you still have to copy your sequence to fill in the new channels or are you running duplicate Channel assignments on your controllers?

Thanks, Randy

• 3 weeks later...

This sounds so like the problem I am having. I've added a third controller to my yard this year and I can see 3 controllers in the hardware utility, but the show doesn't light up the third controller.

I took your advice up above and made one song a 48, basically copying one of the channels sequence to another unit. I held my breath and started the new 48 show and it broke my heart, still not turning on.

Originally, I assumed you add a new controller, turn the dial so it's number 3 and it would just similate the other 2 controllers sequences?

I hope someone can help me with this before this brings out the grinch in me :)

I think you really need to read the documentation...

You need to assign the new unit's ID and circuit numbers to the new rows in your sequence Or if you want it to just emulate the other controllers, set it to the same number.

-Tim