Light-O-Rama Forums

Concurrent Programming

bbig

Is there a way to program during a show and not have it effect the display?  Whenever i make changes to a program while the show is running, it shows up on the active show.  In S4 that didn't happen because the sequence editor couldn't use the same COMM port but that must not be the case in S4.  Thanks

There's always my way - different computer.  Under normal circumstances I sequence on my family room computer, and for Halloween and Christmas I have a dedicated computer to run the show.  During the off season, my file server runs the landscape lighting show every night.  In my case, all three of those computers save the files on the file server, so I don't have to do anything to move files from one to another.  Granted, most people don't run a file server, but it's not hard to set up common storage between computers as long as they are LAN connected.

2 hours ago, bbig said:

Thanks Matt.  That worked fine but the music is still playing and I didn't see a way to turn that off.

There's a volume control on the playback window. Alternatively, you could use Windows' Volume Mixer (right-click on the speaker icon in the system tray).