Light-O-Rama Forums

Singing Trees

Price Family Lights

Help, 

My singing trees were working until tonight. Then the show started tonight and I noticed that tree 2 through 4 were working fine and Elden was just outlined with his face and star but not singing at all like it had been before. So I turned off the system I am using a mini director and it’s been working great. But I turned off the whole system and when I turned back on all the trees were dead. I have changed cords, and outlets, no power.

please help if there are any ideas out there.

Mike

Did you change the factory Unit ID numbers?

If o I bet you forgot to turn off the dip switches when poser disconnected they no longer play the show IDs.

Will they show up in HU?

If no status light in any of them you have no power to them unless you connected them to a computer without an adapter.

JR

There is no power at all. It’s like it went dead. All I did was unplug it. It worked great the night before and last night all the problems started and then no power whatsoever after I unplugged and then plugged back in.

1 hour ago, Price Family Lights said:

There is no power at all. It’s like it went dead. All I did was unplug it. It worked great the night before and last night all the problems started and then no power whatsoever after I unplugged and then plugged back in.

But can the HU find them if you connect them to it?  If so, it's  probably exactly what dibblejr stated, the unit ID's got changed when power was removed, then when power was restored it defaulted them back to their original ID #'s that LOR assigned them.  They won't retain any ID #'s set in the HU UNLESS you had turned off ALL DIP switches in their controllers, then the HU would assign the ID and maintain it when power is completely removed, then restored.   So you may need to open their controllers and check inside to see how the dip switches are set and if any are on, turn them ALL OFF.  Then set their ID's ONE at a time, and remember, each controller used TWO ID #'s, 1 for each output Port to the lights.

The HU can’t find them it’s like the can’t get power for that to happen. I have tried everything and no power 

34 minutes ago, Price Family Lights said:

The HU can’t find them it’s like the can’t get power for that to happen. I have tried everything and no power 

Check your GFCI, it may have tripped.

Tools any lighter should have.:

A 4W incan night light (no sensor) to fast check outlets.

A DVM to check DC power supplies (or outlets using the AC range)

A CAT5 tester (verify all pin connections are still there)

It hasn’t tripped. It didn’t even trip the other night but I switched plugs anyway just hoping that would help. I’m at a loss. 

Plug an item into that GFCI to make sure it works, if so check anything from there out to the props. I have also seen the GFCI not trip but the breaker in the main breaker box trip.

2 hours ago, EARLE W. TALLEY said:

Plug an item into that GFCI to make sure it works, if so check anything from there out to the props. I have also seen the GFCI not trip but the breaker in the main breaker box trip.

I know that one Earle.  Had that happen a couple of times to me, thought the GFCI outlet was dead, but found the breaker didn't fully trip, so it wasn't very noticable that it had and turned everything off. Replaced that breaker, must've been going bad, since replaced, no further issues.  Then the GFCI went bad! LOL

4 hours ago, Orville said:

I know that one Earle.  Had that happen a couple of times to me, thought the GFCI outlet was dead, but found the breaker didn't fully trip, so it wasn't very noticable that it had and turned everything off. Replaced that breaker, must've been going bad, since replaced, no further issues.  Then the GFCI went bad! LOL

GFCI (outlets) are not over current devices. They detect leakage. A GFCI Breaker, does both leakage and over current

The breaker trip levers are NOT supposed to turn to OFF. They trip to some point in between. (Some are not obvious. You learn the feel when yo 'pat' the handle, avoiding shutting down ones that are still on).

Square-D Q0 have a red flag, but you need to look square on or you can still see it (false). To reset the mechanism, yo must turn it the rest of the way off, then On

7 hours ago, TheDucks said:

GFCI (outlets) are not over current devices. They detect leakage. A GFCI Breaker, does both leakage and over current

The breaker trip levers are NOT supposed to turn to OFF. They trip to some point in between. (Some are not obvious. You learn the feel when yo 'pat' the handle, avoiding shutting down ones that are still on).

Square-D Q0 have a red flag, but you need to look square on or you can still see it (false). To reset the mechanism, yo must turn it the rest of the way off, then On

I know that, and that's what I did when I found it half-tripped, turn all the way off, and then back on, but a couple of days later, it tripped again, weather was perfect, so no idea what was causing it to trip, then when the GFCI turned out to be bad after the NEW replacement breaker was installed, and then GFCI tripped off and wouldn't reset, figured possibly the GFCI was going bad the entire time.  But it appeared to be working, I could reset it and its light said it was functioning properly with the old breaker.  Since both now replaced, haven't had any issues since my first year in the home I moved to in 2012.