Light-O-Rama Forums

New update

Timothy

So I ran the sequencer earlier and was notified that there's an update. What did this update/bug fix do? I'm reluctant to update as everything is working just fine.

From the announcement about 5.5.8:

If you are experiencing one of the problems corrected by the bug fixes of 5.6.8, you should download the new version. Otherwise, you can remain on 5.6.6 for the season, especially if your show is working.

5.5.8 was a bug fix for one very specific issue that a few people were seeing - resulted in the show unable to play as I understand it.  So if you not having the problem, stay with 5.5.6 for the season.

Most of us operate in the theory that somewhere before your show starts, you go into lockdown.  No software or firmware update until after the season.

38 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Most of us operate in the theory that somewhere before your show starts, you go into lockdown.  No software or firmware update until after the season.

I typically have my formal shutdown and then do any upgrades, prop moves, etc and test them before tearing everything down.  

Actually truth be told, I updated my server to 5.5.8 yesterday - BUT the server does not run the Christmas show.  However in January when the "show computer" gets shut down for the next nine months or so, and the server takes over for the landscape lighting show, I will be on 5.5.8.  I won't update the show computer (Windows and LOR) until next October.  The sequencing computer will get updated shortly after my 2021 show is completed.

1 hour ago, k6ccc said:

From the announcement about 5.5.8:

5.5.8 was a bug fix for one very specific issue that a few people were seeing - resulted in the show unable to play as I understand it.  So if you not having the problem, stay with 5.5.6 for the season.

Shouldn't that have been 5.6.8and NOT 5.5.8?  Never heard of an update going in reverse.  Sorry, Jim, just had to point that out.😛