Light-O-Rama Forums

MegaTree “flashing”/strobing

Lexlawgirl

Hi,

We are running S5 v.5.6.6 pro. We have three small pixel trees, a Mega tree running on an enhanced network at 56k (shows as “recommended”) and a regular non-enhanced network for some single-color LED lights.

Last year, everything went fine. This year, everything runs fine when we view songs through the sequencer, but when we run them ad a “show”, everything on the enhanced network goes crazy/looks like gibberish (seems like it is running on super speed).

Any ideas? I tried checking/unchecking to use compressed files. 

TIA

I am running my show from a lenova laptop with S5 v5.6.6 pro. I have 2 dedicated networks: 1 Regular COM3 57.6k (3 CTB Controllers) running on ELL’s ; the other network is my RGB network- Aux A COM4 57.6k Enhanced (3 Pixie2, 3 Pixie8, 1 Pixie16).

Attaching a screenshot of the network setup.

46F734C9-D3B6-40BD-BB65-B51649F6B51C.jpeg.12bb1fb7f78469e654bd499433f200b4.jpeg

10 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

If the mega tree is pixels, 56K is WAY too slow.  Push the speed up.

Thanks. I upped to 500k and it did not resolve the issue.

Depending on how loaded the seven Pixie controllers are (number of controllers is not the important part, number of pixels is) and how involved your sequencing is, even 500K may not be fast enough.  You may need to split that into two networks - most likely the Pixie 16 on one network and the six smaller Pixie controllers on the other.

Your photo is really hard to read, but at least you don't appear to have any ID conflicts (I think).

Thanks. We will try that tomorrow and report back. 

We were thinking it was more of a software issue since everything runs correctly through the Sequencer.

This morning, we put the Mega Tree (Pixie 16) on its own network (Com 3).

The other pixie controllers are on (Com 5, Aux B).

Both are enhanced networks. 
we attempted all available speeds (starting at 1000, working down to 56k).

Still have the same problem. 
my husband pointed out that our non-RGB lights (on the non-enhanced network) have the same issue- going wildly too fast.

These symptoms sound a lot like what happens when there are channel conflicts.  When you constructed your show in the Show editor did you create any entries in the background tab?

• Thanks 1

Yes, I did! 
OMG! It works now. Thank you I much! That was the problem. I put the songs in the background tab instead of the musical sequences tab.

I really appreciate everyone’s efforts in trouble shooting this. ❤️

Glad it was that easy!

I would suggest leaving the network or networks for the Pixie controllers up at 500K unless there is some major reason not to.

Yes, to both.

I updated the previews and sequences to add a few new props. When I remade the show, I put them in the wrong place. I feel so dumb (but also relieved!)

Leaving the enhanced net on 500.

Thanks again.