Light-O-Rama Forums

HU test ok, with sequences no !!

Pioerpaolo

Good morning lads. In the meantime, I always thank you, you are a fantastic group, always ready to help and share your experiences. Unfortunately, still here in Italy I have not found anyone who has this passion except with static lights. Aside from the preambles, I wanted to ask you a question. A strange thing is happening to me, I have a star with 6 channels in a pixie 16, if I text it with HU, the leds light up perfectly, if I run some sequences half of each channel or even the whole do not work. What can I check ??? Thank you all. Pierpaolo happy Italian grandfather ;-)

check you settings for your props in your sequence & preview.  they have to match the hardware settings for those lights.  if not the sequence can't find them and they won't play.  I can't say that is absolutely the problem but a good place to start. Make sure your unit ids are the same in your sequence as on the controller.  Sometimes it can be something easily fixed and hopefully this is the case.

Thanks for replying, maybe my online translated English is bad, sorry. The IDs are fine, among other things they are those of last year and they worked. What makes me strange is that of a chain of 20 on one channel only 10. Of a chain of 30 on another channel they light up 15, and so on up to the 6th channel. I checked the sequence many times there was something, but nothing, everything ok. The weird thing is that, If I do the test with HU, all the chains work for all 6 channels, with the sequence, half work for each channel.

13 minutes ago, Pioerpaolo said:

Thanks for replying, maybe my online translated English is bad, sorry. The IDs are fine, among other things they are those of last year and they worked. What makes me strange is that of a chain of 20 on one channel only 10. Of a chain of 30 on another channel they light up 15, and so on up to the 6th channel. I checked the sequence many times there was something, but nothing, everything ok. The weird thing is that, If I do the test with HU, all the chains work for all 6 channels, with the sequence, half work for each channel.

If all nodes light when you press the Test/reset button on the Pixie, the the strings are probably good. If they don't, there is a bad node (last that lit or first that did not)

Verify  (it is on the light bulb menu) your sequence (s4). More than likly you could have accidentally change the Network or ID for the bad nodes

One thought is how many pixels per channel are you running and does it match what you have set for the controller (also set via HU). 

@texas the first 50 per port should work as that is the default . The OP says #30 or #10 ??  (those might be positions on the ring)

• The topic was locked