Light-O-Rama Forums

Showtime controller only shows time and is unresponsive

rjl1986

I have the Showtime stand alone 16 channel controller with the G4 dual network. This has been in the show for a few years and everything seemed to be in working order this year. We did add over 10 new controllers to the show this year. We are running on Network 1 the advance network at 500K, this has two Pixel controllers and one standard AC light controller. The other network had over 12 controllers and is primarily connected via ELL. I have a test SD card that just turns on all the channels for a few minutes and also has two songs. Everything runs fine with that card. I had to purchase a new SD card to build the show. The new show has about 5 songs on the card. When this card runs the controller stops working and only the clock show up in the LED display. The controller will not respond to any of the buttons. I have two N2-G$-MP3 directors and was able to take the circuit board out of one and mount it to the Pro Series LOR1602WG3MP3G4 and get it to work again. Tried the test card again and everything worked fine. But with the schedule card in and when the time came for the show to start the controller failed again. Could it be the card or one of the sequences that is causing the issue?

SD cards need to be 32GB or less and class 4 or better. Some manufacturers cards work better than others. I would try creating the show with a different card.

Thanks just concrened that each time I seem to plug in an SD card and the show starts if toast MP3 Director.  I guess I'll roll the dice and try another card.

34 minutes ago, rjl1986 said:

Thanks just concrened that each time I seem to plug in an SD card and the show starts if toast MP3 Director.  I guess I'll roll the dice and try another card.

There are many fake capacity SD cards being sold cheap. (don't use price alone to determine choices. There are expensive fakes, just a tad under regular price). Stick with the recommended (by LOR, Users) brand.

Thanks for the reply, I did find an old SD card that came with one of my Showtime controllers and that worked.  As an FYI I was able to get the showtime director to work again by unplugging the data cable from the Circuit board