Light-O-Rama Forums

Short Show Freakout and Log files

Dave Plummer

Does anyone know if any sort of log files exist of whats happening with the show as it runs?    Ive been on for a couple nights now.    I have an issue where  2 or 3 times a night at random times all of my controllers start flashing and/or go out for about 30 seconds then everything comes back on like nothing happened.   My setup is identical to last year when I didn't have this problem with the exception of adding a CCR Tree.  The CCR tree is on its own network (Aux a) and does not seem to be affected by what is going on with everything else.   

So... Does anyone have any idea why this would be happening?  OR If there are any sort of log files I can look at to see what is happening?   I have an email into support, but figured I post here too....

Left click on the control  panel  light bulb  to open the status log. It might give you a clue if there is a problem with a sequence.

I've had similar problems in the past that turned out to be bad cat 5 cables (even though they tested just fine).  If they are even somewhat marginal the data signal can get corrupted.

I ended up finding my problem.   After documenting times for a couple of days i found that I had 2 sequences that I had accidentally copy some of the CCR program to some of the other controllers, hence the flickering/off of the lights.  Thanks for the suggestions.

Here's a hint.  If odd lighting occurs at the same point in the sequence every time it plays, it's almost always in the sequencing.  Unlike incan lights, LEDs will light quite a bit at just a few percent - and that's really hard to see in the Sequence Editor.