Light-O-Rama Forums

where to begin

MRGRINCH12

I have been running multiple LOR boxes for years and have a bunch of sequences. I bought a prebuilt pixel tree from light o rama and want to know the easiest way too connect it in with my show. Can I simply run the network wire out of my third box to the pixel tree directly?

Thanks

Scott

Just now, MRGRINCH12 said:

I have been running multiple LOR boxes for years and have a bunch of sequences. I bought a prebuilt pixel tree from light o rama and want to know the easiest way too connect it in with my show. Can I simply run the network wire out of my third box to the pixel tree directly?

Thanks

Scott

If your 3rd controller and all controllers on the network are G3 yes. You must set the NP to 500K and Enhanced and then also set it up in your preview and prop def. But ye it is that easy.

JR

If your older controllers are not Gen 3, they can't run on an Enhanced LOR network, not at 500K speed, so you will need to run two LOR networks - one for the pixel tree at 500K ENhanced as JR mentioned, and one for the older controllers.

16 minutes ago, MRGRINCH12 said:

nevermind I see that it replaces the other one.

Red just can run faster than the older black (and it costs a couple of $ more to make, so they still offer the black)

Or run another piece of Cat5 to the group of controllers

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if you run two networks you will need the two adapters, one for each LOR network. Preferrably a red one for the pixel network and either black or red one for the other network (if the AC controllers are not Gen3's)

28 minutes ago, Daryl said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if you run two networks you will need the two adapters, one for each LOR network. Preferrably a red one for the pixel network and either black or red one for the other network (if the AC controllers are not Gen3's)

Correct.

If you are short USB ports Get a POWERED USB hub