Light-O-Rama Forums

Brain Freeze

poorotis

Only 2nd year and still trying to figure out my new 50 Watt Floods with the help of the LOR community and I thank you, but slight brain freeze. I run a 20 minute show on the hour from 4 to 9 PM and alternate songs every other day. Problem is show are only about 20 minutes long and like to have the lights stay on after the last sequence till the next show.  Last year it would come on at say 5PM run 20 minute show then lights would stay on until 6Pm when the next show runs. In the show editor checked the unused light on but they dont stay on. 

Edited by poorotis

You need to have a show scheduled anytime you want the lights on. Sounds like you have shows schedule for a short amount of time, and are expecting the lights to remain on.

You would need to keep whatever lights on, at the end of your last sequence. But you could schedule an animation show between your musical shows which would probably be much better.

?? My A show runs about 20 minutes Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday on the hour from 4-9 PM. So I created shows from 4-420, 5-5:20, 6-6:20, 7 to 7:20, 8=8:20 and 9-9:20 and checked the leave unused lights on. Wife who remembers everything said that last year the lights said on after the sequence ran its 20 minutes until the next show started on the hour. I have roughly 7 songs in the show and only want to play them once through each show.

If you only have shows scheduled for 20 minutes, you will only have lights on for 20 minutes. It's impossible to have lights on without a show running (barring blown triacs, mosfets, etc.)

If you want lights on when your "show" isn't playing, you will need to create a Show and then schedule it to run from 420-500, etc.

2 hours ago, Jimehc said:

You would schedule your show to run every 60 minutes and play a Filler (animated) sequence between shows

I'm being picky here .. sorry.

You can't have things running between shows, technically speaking. You could have a show with musical sequences, and then a show with animation sequences, but technically you can't run anything 'between' the shows.

@poorotis - If you create a 60 minute show, then you will want to make sure you have 40+ minutes of animation sequences in the musical tab, right after your main sequences. Since the show would repeat everything in that tab while it's scheduled, you want 40+ minutes of animation to fill the time before your next scheduled show. The software will stop an animation sequence at the end of a show. (A musical sequence, just FYI, will continue to the end of the sequence before moving on.)

26 minutes ago, Jimehc said:

Sorry Don, I can on the Director - so not really sure if it applies here or not, as his method was not stated

I've never know the Director to output a signal if something isn't scheduled to run. Would be interested to see screenshots of what you are doing.

Thanks folks!! All set as I just created an animation show to run after each show and altered the timing as one show runs about 22 minutes and the other about 17 minutes that run on opposite nights on the hour from 4 to 9. 

Really appreciate the feedback from everyone very helpful!!!!

Now to get my 50 Watt floods working. Seems LOR has confirmed I have a defective one, but they have yet to get back to me on getting it replaced.

Think I should have added another 16 channels instead

That's showing a Show, with the contents from above set to run at the top of the hour, and and a filler sequence in between. It's all one show.

Yes, I'm being technical here. You MUST have something scheduled for the lights to be one. There is no "in between" shows functionality for lights to be on.

On 11/26/2021 at 7:31 PM, poorotis said:

I run a 20 minute show on the hour from 4 to 9 PM and alternate songs every other day

1 hour ago, Don said:

That's showing a Show, with the contents from above set to run at the top of the hour, and and a filler sequence in between. It's all one show.

I am not one to dispute what is written as notes to all of thee above (speaking technically here)

Edited by Jimehc

• The topic was locked