Light-O-Rama Forums

Editing Pixie tree sequence

marty h

First off Happy Thanksgiving to all. 

So I have a sequence finished that work including a 16' pixie tree.  All of my images work ect.  I thought I would add some motion effect in a few places to dress the sequence up a bit.  When I pick the say 5 second area and add say a spiral effect it messing the timing of my images up.  It appears to back up all the images that five seconds. 

What do I need to do differently?  

Thanks in advance for any help. 

Marty 

You are experiencing a bug in the S5 sequencer. If you sequence a bunch of stuff in superstar, and then when you are back in the Sequencer you "clear" a section in the middle or put a motion effect in the middle, the sequencing will start from the beginning again.

The best work around I have been able to come up with is to create 2 motion effect rows for the prop and leave the superstar sequencing black in the areas where you want a motion effect. The sequencer will combine the two. However, be sure to right click on the label that says "motion effects" and choose "add/modify motion effect rows".  In the dialog box that appears there is an option at the top that defaults to "overlay". Change it to "blend"

1 hour ago, BrianBruderer said:

You are experiencing a bug in the S5 sequencer. If you sequence a bunch of stuff in superstar, and then when you are back in the Sequencer you "clear" a section in the middle or put a motion effect in the middle, the sequencing will start from the beginning again.

The best work around I have been able to come up with is to create 2 motion effect rows for the prop and leave the superstar sequencing black in the areas where you want a motion effect. The sequencer will combine the two. However, be sure to right click on the label that says "motion effects" and choose "add/modify motion effect rows".  In the dialog box that appears there is an option at the top that defaults to "overlay". Change it to "blend"

A few days ago I was helping someone that said they had this problem. I think he shook it off as a new user copy paste issue. Glad to know its not and there is a workaround.

Thank you for the answer

JR