Light-O-Rama Forums

Show works most of the time BUT.....

David Rise

Never run into this before.  The show starts out fine with everything working as it should.  Then somewhere during the show but then the lights on the first 4 controllers stop working. 

My setup is as follows...

I have 2 of the RED high speed USB adapters. 1 for the CBT16 controllers (8 in all) and 1 for 4ea CCR's and 1 pixie4 controller

controllers 1 and 2 are Gen 3

controllers  3,4,5,6,7,8 are the Gen 2 with green led all have firmware level 1.11

So controllers 1,2,3,4 stop working the lights (but still have a solid green led)

Controllers 5,6,7,8 still function and the CCR's and pixie controllers are still functioning.  

I wonder if 8 controllers are too much for the one adapter? even though the CBTs are all LED lights and no pixels

7 minutes ago, David Rise said:

I wonder if 8 controllers are too much for the one adapter? even though the CBTs are all LED lights and no pixels

Not even close.  At most, that is 128 channels.

What speed are your networks, and are they Enhanced?

10 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Not even close.  At most, that is 128 channels.

What speed are your networks, and are they Enhanced?

Both set to  500K enhanced.

Since the CBT controllers  are on their own network, should I set that one back to 57.6?

Edited by David Rise

2 hours ago, David Rise said:

Both set to  500K enhanced.

Since the CBT controllers  are on their own network, should I set that one back to 57.6?

CTB controllers don't need really fast, but you have more than 1, so why not up 1 click to 115K and not rush them

Ok so my issue turned out to be user error.  I had an extra preview that I didn't realize I had.  It was imported when I moved the sequence into S5.  DOH!

I didn't realize that I imported the previews on those songs that were not working.  Once I changed the preview to the correct one, everything works as advertised.

Thanks to all for the advice.  I just time to clear my head and think through the problem.