Light-O-Rama Forums

150 lights on a pixie 4

Timothy

I set my arch prop to 150, how do I get it to do the chases in groups of 3? In HU I set the unit to 150 pixels at a resolution of 50. In the sequencer it will only use the first string on chases. What am I missing here, I'm sure it's a setting somewhere but I can't figure it out. Does it have something to do with the jumpers? I don't have any installed and the manual only lists the settings for 50 or 100 pixels. It looks like from manual it's not needed if you set it in the HU. It does light up all of them in the HU.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Timothy

I want to clarify what you want to do.  Your arch is actually 150 pixels - correct?.  Not sure what you mean by groups of three.  Do you mean you want three pixels to function as if it was one?  That would functionally make your 150 pixels appear to be 50 pixels.  If that is the case, set the resolution to 3 (if I remember that right).  I would wonder why you want to do that.  That would make chases grainier (can't think of a better word).  Although 50 pixels is very nice on arches (that's what mine are).

Confirm on a Pixie controller?

If you have a jumper on anything other than JP2 it will have everything to do with the jumpers.

DO NOT put any jumpers anywhere on a pixie controller not on JP3. JP4 or JP5

DO NOt CJANGE LR

Sequence chases use ME rows and done

JR

HU is more for basic testing and setting rater than executing everything the SE can do.

The HU Chase is a good way to see if all 150 behave as a string. Be wary about All White. you can blow a fuse with that many nodes on a port

I thought that if you set your resolution 50 with it being set at 150 pixels that it would go down the line in groups of 3. I know I read that somewhere but don't remember where.

I figured out the problem. Back when I sequenced many of these, when I added a premade prop for arches it was set to 50 pixels and not 150, I had assumed it was set to 150 because I didn't know and I didn't have the Pixie4 until last weekend. All I needed to do was to add in the other 100 pixels that weren't programmed into the sequence. Its now working as I want.

3 hours ago, Timothy said:

I thought that if you set your resolution 50 with it being set at 150 pixels that it would go down the line in groups of 3. I know I read that somewhere but don't remember where.

I figured out the problem. Back when I sequenced many of these, when I added a premade prop for arches it was set to 50 pixels and not 150, I had assumed it was set to 150 because I didn't know and I didn't have the Pixie4 until last weekend. All I needed to do was to add in the other 100 pixels that weren't programmed into the sequence. Its now working as I want.

Resolution 50 is for normal operation no matter how many pixels you have, don't change it.

Never read anything about 50 working in groups of three, anywhere since beta.

JR

26 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Resolution 50 is for normal operation no matter how many pixels you have, don't change it.

You're the Pixie expert.  I was making the assumption that "resolution" on the Pixie was the same as on CCR/CCB/CCP controllers.

2 hours ago, dibblejr said:

JR

I kept it at the 50 resolution. I get all 150 to light up now. However a new issues has arisen and I'm beginning to think this hobby is going to take up more time than I originally anticapted. :) So when I import a bought sequence it appears that they had their arches set up for 200 pixels because all of the sequences on the arches where effects should be 1/2 of the arch like coming from each side and tapping in the middle, I get them meeting at the lower right rather than the middle like it's supposed to. Any insights on how to correct this? Burning the midnight oil on this one and I'm at a loss on this one.

Edited by Timothy

7 hours ago, Timothy said:

I kept it at the 50 resolution. I get all 150 to light up now. However a new issues has arisen and I'm beginning to think this hobby is going to take up more time than I originally anticapted. :) So when I import a bought sequence it appears that they had their arches set up for 200 pixels because all of the sequences on the arches where effects should be 1/2 of the arch like coming from each side and tapping in the middle, I get them meeting at the lower right rather than the middle like it's supposed to. Any insights on how to correct this? Burning the midnight oil on this one and I'm at a loss on this one.

Cut, copy, paste will be your best friend. It would be trial and error though or create your own sequence for the arches.

JR

9 hours ago, dibblejr said:

JR

It doesn't look too bad and with a go-live tonight I think I'll just roll with it until I can figure out how to copy/paste it and get it to rotate up the arch.

On 11/25/2021 at 8:42 AM, dibblejr said:

Cut, copy, paste will be your best friend. It would be trial and error though or create your own sequence for the arches.

JR

It was. Got everything working just and looking good fine 5 minutes before go-live. Thank you everyone for your help.

Edited by Timothy