Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel tree string stays on

markwalborn

Made my first pixel tree this year. Testing pixels after building the sticks everything was working fine. I assembled the tree and now have 1 string of pixels that comes on once power supply is plugged in before any sequences start.

I got it to go off and when the show started it seems to have got stuck on the first scene's colors and stays on those colors for all sequences and does not go off with sequences.

Not sure what happened? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

34 minutes ago, markwalborn said:

Made my first pixel tree this year. Testing pixels after building the sticks everything was working fine. I assembled the tree and now have 1 string of pixels that comes on once power supply is plugged in before any sequences start.

I got it to go off and when the show started it seems to have got stuck on the first scene's colors and stays on those colors for all sequences and does not go off with sequences.

Not sure what happened? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Check the DI wire is properly connecting (metal contact and not caught on the insulation.

BUT first, swap the ports (move the plugs) with a port that works.  That may help solve String side vs Controller side

Thanks, I will check data wire is seated properly in the morning then if issue is not fixed I will swap ports. I will let you know the results.

• The topic was locked