Light-O-Rama Forums

gen 1 controllers not responding to sequences

glennsgarage

I have 2 Gen1 controllers and 2 Gen 3 controllers. all 4 respond to the hardware utility and I can turn the lights on and off on all 4 controllers. I have been testing with only purchased sequences from LOR. Now the problem is that only the 2 gen 3 controllers respond to the sequencs. the Gen 1 controllers do not respond. I have tried numerous sequences with no luck.  what am I missing?

You didn't say what controllers they were, so I assumed all 16 channel controllers.

If you have motion effects on your Pixel tree programming, then you will need the Enhanced network (and a high speed capable adapter) to run them.  In that case you are going to need to run multiple networks, with two RS485 adapters, and split your display into two networks in the Preview.

You just added more information - that you have a pixel tree also.  Assuming for the moment that the pixel tree is being driven by a Pixie controller (which essentially requires 500K speed and Enhanced networking), and your Gen 1 controllers can not run either at 500K speed nor Enhanced networking, yes, you will need two networks.  A lower speed non-enhanced network for the older controllers, and a high speed Enhanced network for the Pixie.  The Gen 3 AC controllers can be on either network.  The 500K network requires a high speed (red) USB to RS-485 adapter.

Don beat me to it by seconds...

sorry I didn't mention the tree which is new this year from LOR. I'm not super computer savvy, so I'm learning as I go here. I bought a couple of used controllers not knowing there was a difference from gen 1 to gen 3.  OK so I ordered the red RS-485 adapter and when that gets here I will be trying to figure out how to do another network. should be interesting.

A second network is easy and moving props in S5 from one network to another is easier than it is in the older software.