Light-O-Rama Forums

Not connecting to my falcon board

captainron19

Need some help! Falcon Board is not responding to LOR with my Pixel Tree. I did set up a new computer this year. I have good connection to the board via my browser but nothing is going over when playing sequence in LOR. I went in to the Network Config for LOR and assured the proper IP address of controller is listed for all universes (192.168.1.50) with E1.31 protocol. I did also edit all of my sequences from last year and saved them to a new folder but I assured I copied over all of the Pixel Files into my sequence folder as per LOR .... Any ideas what I am may be missing?

First step is to look a the Falcon status page and see if packets are counting.  If not, LOR is not sending data to the Falcon, or you have something configured wrong.  If you are seeing packets counting, then yo9u most likely have a configuration issue on the Falcon.  Look at the E1.31/ARcNet page for inputs and the Output Settings > String Ports.

7 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

First step is to look a the Falcon status page and see if packets are counting.  If not, LOR is not sending data to the Falcon, or you have something configured wrong.  If you are seeing packets counting, then yo9u most likely have a configuration issue on the Falcon.  Look at the E1.31/ARcNet page for inputs and the Output Settings > String Ports.

Ok just re-opened the Falcon Status page and it is Showing Universes 1-8 but Packet Count for each Universe is 0 .... whats next?

Also when looking at the LOR Network Config Page it is showing the correct settings for my IP address for the board (192.168.1.50) Protocol is E1.31 port [5568] but not sure on the port setting if that has to do with anything

9 minutes ago, captainron19 said:

Ok just re-opened the Falcon Status page and it is Showing Universes 1-8 but Packet Count for each Universe is 0 .... whats next?

Dumb question department, confirm that your sequences and Network Preferences are using Universes 1 - 8.

Do you have the LOR control panel running (required for E1.31)?

Dumb question department, confirm that your sequences and Network Preferences are using Universes 1 - 8.

Do you have the LOR control panel running (required for E1.31)?

YOU THE MAN JIM !!!!!    I didnt have CP up and running yet

DUH !

9 minutes ago, captainron19 said:

Jim - here is a screen shot of my E131/Artnet Tab https://burlingtonlights.com/lor/e131.jpg

You likely want to have the addressing mode set to E1.31 rather than absolute.

6 minutes ago, captainron19 said:

YOU THE MAN JIM !!!!!    I didnt have CP up and running yet

One of those gotchas for people new to E1.31.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a related question. I'm contemplating purchasing a Falcon V4 when they become available again. Is it true that their pixel count per output is truly 1024 pixels? I like the idea of its expansion capability too. 

Hey Jim, Yes and understood about the power injection needed. I want to change out from WS2811 strips on my 24x50 matrix to WS2815's 60/m, 5M which I can't do on any of the controllers that I have such as the Pixcon16, AlphaPix16, PS12 and E682. I undewrstand that LOR will or might be altering the Pixcon16 to allow for additional protocols and additional pixel counts sometime this next year. So back to my current controllers, none will allow zigzag of 3 strips or allow 24 outputs of 300 pixels each, rather just the 16, except for the PS12 which is only 12. Also, none of those controllers will do 2815's.  I like what HC did with their 2812b's and adding buck converters but that price is very high per strip, therefore my interest in the 2815's at 12vdc. I need to get away from the groups of 3 leds per pixel that the ws2811's do.