Light-O-Rama Forums

Bulk Changes don't change dependent props Very Annoying!

MSB

Is there some good reason when changing either a unit ID or a LOR network using the awesome feature in the preview design that the dependent props don't change?! You have to specify those props in the preview otherwise the preview won't run with a warning message. But when changing either the UID or network another warning pops up that the dependent props don't match the original prop. Then the user has to manually change all the dependent props to the match. This is very annoying and can this be fixed?

It took me a minute to figure out what you were talking about as "dependent prop".  I assume you mean is the "Use same channels as" function.  That has never been automatic.  Any original assignment for one prop that will use the same channels as another prop, or changes later on have required manually setting the channel assignments.  Does not matter where the change is done to the master prop or if you change the dependent prop.  Also, the error shows up on the "Other Warnings" tab, but you can't change it from there, nor click on a line to be taken to where you can change it.  Additionally it does not show up on "Channel Conflicts" tab where it would be easy to change.

This problem goes all the way back to when the feature was added during the S5 beta.

You described the issue perfectly. My question is why the software is smart enough to know the conflicts, but not smart enough to update them with the "master prop" when a change is initiated by the bulk update.

On 11/20/2021 at 1:21 PM, MSB said:

You described the issue perfectly. My question is why the software is smart enough to know the conflicts, but not smart enough to update them with the "master prop" when a change is initiated by the bulk update.

It is on our "to do" list.

Thanks for letting us know! When you have 8 or 9 networks, it becomes an issue. We're working our way up to 15 in the next couple of years...