Light-O-Rama Forums

30+ MB song file

Sijaan

Hi,

I have LOR v5.6 with a valid license.

I'm trying to import an mp3 file with the size of 32MB and I'm not able to do it, as the software keeps not responding and sometimes I get the error message that the software could'nt get the song length.

Any idea what I can do? Thank you

21 minutes ago, Sijaan said:

Hi,

I have LOR v5.6 with a valid license.

I'm trying to import an mp3 file with the size of 32MB and I'm not able to do it, as the software keeps not responding and sometimes I get the error message that the software could'nt get the song length.

Any idea what I can do? Thank you

Something is really wrong with that file. MP3 is a very compressed format. I have MP3's of 33-1/3 LPs that are only 52MB. That's ~40 Mins

I suspect it is a WAV with a wrong Ext.  VLC or Audacity should tell you what the file (format) really is

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheDucks said:

Something is really wrong with that file. MP3 is a very compressed format. I have MP3's of 33-1/3 LPs that are only 52MB. That's ~40 Mins

I suspect it is a WAV with a wrong Ext.  VLC or Audacity should tell you what the file (format) really is

IrfenView will also tell you if the MP3 or even a Graphics/Video file is in the wrong format, and will then ask you would you like to rename the file with the correct extension.  I use it to check problematic song/graphics and video files all the time for this whenever I encounter a problem.  Rename file and issue usually goes away, howevr, if the file has gotten corrupted, IrfenView will make a statement the file format can't be loaded, most often, that's because the file is messed up in some manner, or it could be in a format that IrfenView can't read, IrfenView handles a very large range of music/video and graphic file formats.

Best of all, it's also a 100% FREE program and no restrictions on accessing any of the file formats it supports!  I've been using it for over 15+ years now.  And it' still FREE!

• Like 1

If you have a Pro license and you are NOT going to use the Audio motion effect, then in the New Musical Sequence dialog set the Audio Information field at the bottom to "Waveform Only". This will speed up loading the sequence. For more information, see this help page:

https://www1.lightorama.com/help/new_musical_sequence.htm

• 2 weeks later...