Light-O-Rama Forums

New preview

Enchanted Springs

Had to download the new version (or at least I thought I did) because software was deleted.  Used 4.4 last year.  I want to set up a new preview but I dont understand all of the props and such.  I just wanna label my channels and start sequencing.  Can I do it without a diagram?  Each channel is a string of lights and we have built our own display (not bought).  I had channels like Arch 1, Tree 1, etc.  Can I do that again...reasonably easily?  Thanks

Your profile says S4, but you are asking a S5 concept.  What version of LOR software are you trying to use?  This is NOT the time of year to try to learn S5.

Edited by k6ccc

Running 5.6 now.  I very much understand what you are saying but I have no idea how to do the old one since it was erased from computer.  I started trying to do preview but I dont know how to make the channels in the order I want them.  

If you have your S4 sequences, go to the download page, scroll down about half way to find the S4 version that you had (or at least close).  Run it like you did it last year.

Learning S5 when you know S4 is a multi-month process.

https://www1.lightorama.com/sequencing-software-download/

Edited by k6ccc

• 2 weeks later...

Did you solve your issue? You really cannot label your channels without creating a preview. The preview can be very basic and you don't need to actually show your channels in the preview. However, S5 requires a preview to store the network information along with your props. I respectfully disagree with Jim that learning S5 is a multi-month process. However, I will agree that it takes time as there are concepts that are just different.

Hope that helps some.