Light-O-Rama Forums

Network configuration

cdlouke

Ok Folks I am stumped. Running 3 separate networks for the first time and only one is working.

I have a regular lor network set to com 3 with a pixie 16, 2 50 watt floods and 1 Pc 16 G3,

Com 4 with 2 PC 16 Gen 3 and 2 Pixie 8's and

Com 5 with a Pixie 16.

All boxes have the most recent firmware.

I am running red adapters, each plugged into a separate usb port . Speed is set at 500k enhanced.

How do I get the computer to recognize all 3 networks at the same time. Each will run independently in the the HU

What am I missing

1. Are the devices configured for different networks in the Preview?
2. Have you set the network preferences in the LOR Network Preferences?

This first part may be a repeat as it appears that you at least think you know which USB to RS-485 adapter is which.  However, as far as getting the computer to recognize things properly, standard recommendation is to start the Windows Device Manager and expand the section on Ports.  Start with all three USB to RS-485 adapters unplugged.  Look at what ports are assigned and plug in ONE adapter.  See what Comm port is assigned.  Repeat for the other two USB to RS-485 adapters ONE AT A TIME.  Once you KNOW which adapter is what Com Port number, you are well on the way.

The follow Don's advise above...

Check your Network preferences (right click the Lightbulb) 💡 Mark your adapter with the Net name, the correct controllers need to be on the cable Windows will usually always use the same COM# for each  (you can fix using the device manager if it does not)

Regular, AuxA,  AuxB  These need to match the ID usage in S4  sequences. In SE (each sequence), tools:channel configuration: (at the bottom) Change controller: set the correct Network.  CAUTION: other changes like ID need to be done with care And Save the Sequence after every ID change. It does not prevent overlap in the same session.  Only the Save Sequence  starts fresh. (I was switching controllers around 03-> 50 04->03 50->04  (all were on the same net)  Seem as if the change is not applied until you exit  so I had 2 groups of channels  get totally hashed up (some were Pixies)

1 hour ago, cdlouke said:

Ok Folks I am stumped. Running 3 separate networks for the first time and only one is working.

I have a regular lor network set to com 3 with a pixie 16, 2 50 watt floods and 1 Pc 16 G3,

Com 4 with 2 PC 16 Gen 3 and 2 Pixie 8's and

Com 5 with a Pixie 16.

All boxes have the most recent firmware.

I am running red adapters, each plugged into a separate usb port . Speed is set at 500k enhanced.

How do I get the computer to recognize all 3 networks at the same time. Each will run independently in the the HU

What am I missing

If you are referring to the HU, there is no way to have all the adapters {networks} operational at the same time.  You can only test ONE NETWORK in the HU at a time.

If pertaining to sequences, then follow the others advice as given.

• The topic was locked