Light-O-Rama Forums

Gilbert Engineering Singing Pixels - How to

tikaice

I purchased the Singing Pixel 47 inch from Gilbert Engineering. It uses 143 nodes.

I am using LOR S5 v5.6.6 Pro with SuperStar 60_CCR

I am running this from a windows laptop on an enhanced network using the red usb adapter form LOR.

I have imported the prop to my preview by clicking on the add button from within the preview window and selecting Gilbert Engineering USA *Online) and choosing the Singing Pixel - 47 and then clicking on add prop. I am then taken to the Prop Definition window where I have set the network to be LOR and my unit id as 05 and start channel 1 with ending channel 429. In the Lights section on the left these are set as RGB Pixels with Motion Effect Rows (11).

Everything looks good to me at this point.

The sequencer shows the prop with the motion effect rows.

I have tried watching some videos on how to auto sequence the singing faces and I am more lost now than I was before. I can't seem to get the faces to do anything while to song is playing. When I select row and right click and then click on Insert SuperStar Effect, Super Star loads with just the outline of the prop. I had selected the row for the outline but since you can only select a single motion effect row at a time. I cannot figure out how to sequence these things.

There are default images in superstar for doing a singing face on a matrix, or on the LOR singing faces. For third party singing faces you must define the images yourself.

You make a motion effect row for the face, do "do insert superstar effect" and when superstar launches you click on the pixels for each mouth image and add the images.

If you have not done sequencing with superstar it may be difficult to do at first. It would be easiest for me to remote into your computer and I can show you how to do it. Send an email to brian@superstarlights.com and I can set up a time.