Light-O-Rama Forums

how to configure a sequence to use pixielink controller

David Rise
Go to solution Solved by MattBrown,

Sorry if this has been asked.  How do I configure S5 sequences to recognize the pixie controller instead of searching for a comm port?

In Preview Editor, you will be setting DMX universes instead of LOR networks.  Then in Network Preferences, set the IP address of the PixieLink.

37 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

In Preview Editor, you will be setting DMX universes instead of LOR networks.  Then in Network Preferences, set the IP address of the PixieLink.

Even if you're not using DMX?  I didn't think it was that simple.  Thanks Jim

1 hour ago, k6ccc said:

One more question.  It looks like when I change this in my preview, it automatically changes the universe?  So it's automatic and I don't have to do anything else, right?

• Solution

Just 3 things to setting up a PixieLink:

1. Use the PixeLink's web-based setup page to assign universe numbers to unit ids on each of the 6 outputs.
  2. In the Sequencer's Preview Design window, set up props for DMX and set the universe numbers to match those assigned in step #1.
  3. In Network Preferences, set up all of the universe numbers you assigned in step #1 as E1.31, with the IP address of the PixieLink.

You are done!

6 hours ago, MattBrown said:

1. Use the PixeLink's web-based setup page to assign universe numbers to unit ids on each of the 6 outputs.
  2. In the Sequencer's Preview Design window, set up props for DMX and set the universe numbers to match those assigned in step #1.
  3. In Network Preferences, set up all of the universe numbers you assigned in step #1 as E1.31, with the IP address of the PixieLink.

You are done!

awesome!  Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2021 at 9:08 AM, MattBrown said:

You are done!

Matt,

I bought a PixieLink after watching your presentation (was that Aubrey's Zoom Room?). The PixieLink seemed like a better solution than adding another ELOR network as my pixel count is increasing. Did you ever create a video explaining the configuration (and conversion) from a LOR network to this? How would I configure the PixieLink if I wanted to have 2 pixie8s daisy chained together off 1 port, assuming pixie8#1 is unitIDs 40-47 and pixie8#2 is 48-4F?

Thanks,

Tony

3 hours ago, TonyD said:

Matt,

I bought a PixieLink after watching your presentation (was that Aubrey's Zoom Room?). The PixieLink seemed like a better solution than adding another ELOR network as my pixel count is increasing. Did you ever create a video explaining the configuration (and conversion) from a LOR network to this? How would I configure the PixieLink if I wanted to have 2 pixie8s daisy chained together off 1 port, assuming pixie8#1 is unitIDs 40-47 and pixie8#2 is 48-4F?

Thanks,

Tony

I think i've figured it out. You can't have a LOR controller with a Unit ID higher than 20 hex (32 decimal). But, you can have the same unit id on multiple pixielink ports, so there should be no worries about having the same unit numbers on multiple pixies (as long as they are on different pixielink ports).

So I just set my pixie8 to unit id 1; the pixielink port 1 to ELOR 500000, Pixels to 139 (my prop only has 139 pixels), first box under pixels to 1 (which will be universe 1 in the preview); changed the prop in preview to DMX universe 1, start circuit 1 end circuit 417; in the network preferences i set universe 1 to the pixielink ip address using E1.31. Seems to work.

• 1 year later...
On 11/17/2021 at 12:08 PM, MattBrown said:

You are done!

So this seems very simple but it doesn't answer a at least one question?

What option in the pixielink do you I choose in the drop down?

Dmx

One of the ELOR choices 

Pixielink

Pixielink8

Pixielink17

?

I've based my question of of my props in the preview design being set to DMX and using a pixie 2.