Light-O-Rama Forums

Trees and arches

Timothy

So I have a 16 RGB license currently and in my display I have a 16 channel mega-tree and 4 RGB arches. Do I need a 20 CCR license to have it all work?

Since you are asking this in the SuperStar section, I assume you are asking about your SuperStar license level.  I assume you are saying that you have a 16 CCR SuperStar license - which can also be expressed as 800 pixels or 2,400 channels.  SuperStar only cares about total channels (does not have to be RGB channels).  With S5, you only need a SuperStar license that is at least as large as the largest number channels that you will be sequencing at the same time.  In other words, if you were to sequence a 16 x 50 pixel tree as one "insert SuperStar Effects", and then later sequence your four arches (assuming for the moment 4 x 50 pixels) as a separate "Insert SuperStar Effects", that would only take a 16 CCR (800 pixels / 2,400 channels) SuperStar license since the tree at 800 pixels was the largest "Insert SuperStar Effects" that was done.  If however you made a group in Sequencer that had both the pixel tree and did a "Insert SuperStar Effects" for that group, you would need to upgrade to the next license level - which is 24 CCR (or 1,200 pixels / 3,600 channels).

18 minutes ago, Timothy said:

16 channel mega-tree

I assume you really mean 16 controller output ports.  That is that is not channels, but rather port or outputs - each of which will have many channels.

Yes, that's exactly what I was wondering. I'll have to remember that channels and outputs aren't the same thing.

Edited by Timothy

1 hour ago, Timothy said:

Yes, that's exactly what I was wondering. I'll have to remember that channels and outputs aren't the same thing.

They are the same when dealing with AC controllers, but not the case with pixels.