Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding color

Timothy

I'm trying to add color to a part of my sequence where my tree is going to be flashing on and off fast to very rapidly. After each flash I'd like it to be a different color. I've tried using the color insert but it doesn't appear to be working. How do I color a cell on the tree?

image.png.dc51d22503cf783cb4252bf32853224a.png

OK, a little more detail please.  Is this on smart pixels or dumb RGB or multi color traditional AC strings.  And from your screen capture, I gather that you are doing this in the Squencer (as opposed to Motion effects or SuperStar).

They are smart pixel and was trying to do it using the sequencer. I tried using motion effects and the superstar with no luck either. I'm also wanting them to fade up and down. Fairly quickly (.4s to start transitioning down to a .1s on/off flash)

Edited by Timothy

Are you trying to get individual pixels to flash individually or substantial portions of the tree to flash together (or all of it).  What you are trying to do is likely quite possible, I just need to understand what you are trying to do.

I have for years during off hours (overnight) had what I refer to as my twinkling Christmas tree.  Essentially a green tree with semi-random pixels twinkling various colors.  I have done that both in SuperStar and Motion Effects.

If I am understanding you right this is very simple. Just put 1 colour per 0.5 or 0.1 second cell. Each cell gets a different colour. Do it manually for 8-10 cells then copy and paste it for as long as you require. 

Is this what you are looking for?

On 11/15/2021 at 9:41 PM, Timothy said:

They are smart pixel and was trying to do it using the sequencer. I tried using motion effects and the superstar with no luck either. I'm also wanting them to fade up and down. Fairly quickly (.4s to start transitioning down to a .1s on/off flash)

As for the fade, once the effect is there, simply select the cells you want the fade to last for and hit Ctrl + D (for fade down) or Ctrl + U (for fade up).  It will make the fade last for the entire duration of the selection. A bigger selection equals a longer fade and vice versa.