Light-O-Rama Forums

The Show is about ready, but....

Donl1150

Well after months of learning S5 (with the help of various kind folks here on the forum), the show is ready to go.  Pixels were new to me this year and I successfully added 5 pixel props to my previous 4 controller AC setup.  Round 1 of field testing is complete and several bugs appeared but they were squashed today, so hopefully another test tonight will bear that out.

Now the final stages.  I have never used anything other than the Musical tab in the Show editor.  This year here is what I want to do:

• Have my "Tune To 89.7" sign light up at 5:30 pm and run throughout the show.  No music with that.
    • I assume I simply create a short sequence which lights the Sign and insert that into the Background tab.

• At 6:00 pm, run a 90 second one time intro with some of the lights along with music.
    • Here I assume I create that 90 second sequence with the proper music and insert that into the StartUp tab.

• Lastly at 6:01:30, have the show begin and run continuously until 10:00 pm.
    • For this, I have my playlist in the Musical tab with the proper selections checked.

So my question is this.....In the Schedule editor, do I simply have the Show period from 5:30 to 10:00 pm and everything just falls into place?  No additional start times needed?

Thanks!

You are close, but not quite right.  For what you are trying to accomplish, you will need two shows.  The first is from 5:30 to 6:00 and only has the TuneTo sign.  Make sure that the sequence for the TuneTo sign uses a separate preview that ONLY has the one channel for the Tune to sign.  As you noted, that can (and should be) a simple animation sequence.

Your second show runs from 6:00 until 10:00.  The Tune To sequence will be in the background tab in this second show.  The Startup 90 second sequence goes into the Startup tab, and all your regular sequences go in the Musical tab.  If you have an End of the evening sequence, that will go into the Shutdown tab.  All of the sequences (except the Tune To) sequence will use a Preview that has all your channels EXCEPT the channel used by the Tune To sign.

Here is the nitty gritty of what will happen.  At 5:30, the first show will start.  It only has the one background sequence, so that is all it will play.  That sequence can be any length.  It will repeat as necessary as long as that show is running.  At 6:00, the first show will immediately shut down, and the main show will start.  As soon as the main show loads, it will start the background (Tune To) sequence.  Just like show 1, the background sequence will continue to run as long as the show runs. It will also start the startup sequence.  Once the startup sequence completes, the songs in the Musical tab will play.  That group of songs will repeat until the scheduled end of the show.  Presumably there will be a musical sequence playing at the end of the show.  that sequence will continue until that sequence ends.  If you have a shutdown sequence, that will start playing after the aforementioned musical sequence ends.  After the last musical sequence ends or a shutdown sequence ends if there is on, the background sequence will also shutdown and the the show is over.

Make sense?

Thanks for the detailed explanation Jim.  If I understand correctly, I should delete the Sign channel from my main preview and also from all of the musical sequences that may have that channel included.  Then the SIgn channel has its own simple preview with just the one channel.  With the two shows playing back to back, the sign comes on for 30 minutes first followed by the main show which has the Sign running in the Background tab of the main show. 

I think I have it.  I will make the changes to all of the files and give it a try.  Will report back.  Thanks Jim!