Light-O-Rama Forums

5th year LOR user, small problem

JPat

Hello all, going into our 5th year and have minor issue.  Opened up sequence editor recently to modify a few channels/programming in some songs and 4 of my 15 sequences all of a sudden say "cannot find media file".  Nothing has changed with some of these for a few years but all of a sudden there is an issue.

Looking in my files, I can see the mp3 files so I assume that I just edit/media file/song choice?   I also see other versions of the song inside LOR internal folder but thinking that I have to use the mp3 or do I use these?  All seem to work in the SE module but want to make sure they will play in my show director.

Usually happens when files get moved or renamed.  In SE, open the setting for media file and point to the correct file - sorry, it's been years since I used S4, so I can't tell you exactly where that setting is.

3 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Usually happens when files get moved or renamed.  In SE, open the setting for media file and point to the correct file - sorry, it's been years since I used S4, so I can't tell you exactly where that setting is.

That is the thing, no changes from 2020 when they were tweaked and run in the show.  12 other songs work fine, just a handful don't.  It does seem weird though as it is point to my desktop for the audio file and that is not where the file is stored.  Most important I assume is to use the original mp3 file and not the wav or wma file that is see created within LOR internal?

Do not point to any files in Lorinternal. You should use your original file be it mp3 or wav and keep it in a dedicated audio folder, either the one created by lor or your own. Keep them always in the same location so you can't get mixed up and point all your Sequences to that location.