Light-O-Rama Forums

Mp3 director problems

chewinggum2

Yes, I am a newbie who may have bit off more than I can chew. I have 4 regular units and 1 mp3 director unit. I loaded my show on the mp3 card and plugged it in and waited all day for my lights to turn on. Of course I didn't know to set the internal clock.

I finally figured that out, plugged the mp3 card back in, and now I have a musical show, but NO lights.

I then tried to run my show through the hardware utility and am even more frustrated as the lor utility doesn't recognize the controller.

About a month ago, I plugged in all my controllers, assigned unit ID's and tested them.

How do I make my lights turn on????

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Robin

Guest wbottomley

Robin... what kind of controllers do you have?

Have you assigned your channels and controllers in the sequences themselves?

Have you rechecked the above question again?

Are the dials on the director card set to the proper setting to do what you want to do?

What do the leds on the director card do after connecting the SD card?

I have the LOR 1602MP3.

Yes - I did assign channel #'s and unit ID's and then imported this configuration to all musical files that I downloaded.

It is not my adaptor - i plugged another controller into the hardware utility and it is recognized.

When I plug the Mp3 director into hardware utility, the led becomes solid but the hardware utility is unable to recognize the controller even after changing cables; hitting ignore errors; manually putting in unit #.

The music files play through my stereo so I know that the show is on the sd card.

"are the dials on the director card set to the proper setting to do what you want to do?" I'm not sure what this means.

Thanks for any help!

Guest wbottomley

chewinggum2 wrote:

When I plug the Mp3 director into hardware utility, the led becomes solid but the hardware utility is unable to recognize the controller even after changing cables; hitting ignore errors; manually putting in unit #.

On the 1602's... you set the unit ID by the dials on the controller, not in hardware utility.

You can't have the pc & director card connected at the same time unless you're setting the time on the director card.

The dials (selector switch) on the director unit represent certain things.

http://www.lightorama.com/Documents/DC-MP3_Man_Web.pdf

On page 12 of the manual, explains what it does.

You want to make sure the music is an mp3 and not a wav.

Thank you so much for your help! Dan was great too and I now have my unit up and running. It was the dials and those teeny tiny arrows. I was attempting to assign a unit ID through the hardware director instead of turning those dials. I have a second showtime unit without the mp3 player and I guess I need to change that one too.

But thank you for taking the time to help a newbie. It's very much appreciated!