Light-O-Rama Forums

Cannot see my unit in PixCon Find/Config

AMcLemore

I have rebooted, reconnected, rechecked, etc.  Done that.

When opening the PixCon Utility under NETPREF, there's only one IP address 192.168.20.152 and it's not the one factory assigned to the unit.  Refresh = nothing.  Search = nothing.  I have a red USB485 connector.  I do the factory reset proceedure, same deal.  The connection is good - tested it on a regular unit.  It works.

I have a feeling there's something stupid like turn off or on your wireless adapter, plug it in directly to your cat5 the first time, or something that's not specifically spelled out in the booklet.  (I've done both already)  There's one cryptic "You may need to reconfigure your computer in order to see this address", but I don't know how to do that and I am on a work network without admin priveledges.  Not sure I could...

I can see the regular network COM4 enhanced on the home NET PREF box, but when I go to find/config... I am getting stuck and have clicked every combination there is trying to stumble across the solution.  (The help desk is tired of me and responding with less than helpful help)

The answer is not in a FAQ or video-- tried that.

ANY help at all would be greatly appreciated.  THANKS!

It sounds like you've configured the Pixcon16 to use E1.31 or ethernet. If this is the case, the port coming out of your computer and going to the controller, the base IP address of the computer needs to be similar but not the same. Let me use an example instead of your specifics... Lets say your computer has an eithernet port for internet access and its set for 192.168.0.1 and your controller shows 192.168.1.50. Note the "0" and the "1" difference. They are part of the subnet addressing. They will not talk to each other. Now if you altered either side, computer or controller so they both batch, but leaving the last numbers alone, then it will talk. I suggest that you also place the computer port in a "Private Mode" network as opposed to a Public or other. Another thought, for a while, I had trouble with the NetPref software from finding the Pixcon16 unless I disconnected the internet cable to the computer using an A/B switch. Lastly, make absolute sure that you aren't connecting a E1.31 cable to an RS485 LOR port on the controller. It has both and it will ruin something for sure.