Light-O-Rama Forums

Insert Superstar Effect

JMuiller

Hey all, 

I guess I am a little confused. I recently bought the Superstar license and I am trying to incorporate it into my S5 sequencer. I've watched a few videos and noticed that that "right-click" "inset superstar effect" is not present within my S5 software. Am I missing something? Were there steps that I skipped? I have the advanced license do I need the Pro one to unlock this feature? Any advice is very helpful as I'm growing increasingly frustrated with this. Thanks! -JMuiller

Related information: using this for a CCR 16 ribbon tree that I set up in the preview portion.  

Yes - Superstar effects insert into Motion Effect Rows in S5, meaning you need the Pro license level. I believe Brian has a makeshift work around for lower license levels if you email him, but it's definitely not the easier option (compared to having Pro)

I guess I'm even more lost now..... 

Here's the full picture: I am using a Holidaycoro 16CCR Mega Tree. I am attempting to incorporate that into LOR software. I have followed their guides for setting up a mega tree in the preview window thus adding it to the item list. In the instructional video I watched regarding launching Superstar, they make mention that all you have to do is select the entire row (shift + end) of the first group (or in this case the Mega Tree group); then you should be able to right click on the very first selected column and then pick "Insert Superstar Effect" which in turn is supposed to launch Superstar. My problem is that when I right click there is no option for "Insert Superstar Effect". I went ahead and upgraded to the pro version, but still have not had any luck....

• 1 month later...

make sure you have motion effect rows added to your sequence for the tree.  Then either select the entire row or you can also select a specific time frame. Once it is highlighted right click and you should see the option to start SS.  If you are not seeing it make sure you account accepted the pro level upgrade for SS access.  

• Like 1

I completely forgot that I had posted in this forum. I ended up playing with it for a few nights and eventually figuring it out! Thanks for the help for future answer seekers though!