Light-O-Rama Forums

Layout View only generates one page for printing

Capt Ike

So I have a 270 node tree star and I want to print out the Node Layout diagram (to have a physical copy in front of me) so that I know which nodes to select when making motion effect rows.  When I go to view it, it displays the grid correctly, but when I go to print it, it will only let me print the first page.  Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? I've tried playing with the page setup options, and I can scale the diagram, but I can't get to the second page.  I've attached two screenshots of what I'm referring to.  The first is what the screen displays and the second is the print preview window that only allows you to see Page 1 of 1.

Layout View Window Snip Resize.jpg

Print Preview Window Snip.JPG

I should add that I got it printed using a workaround of simply printing my full screenshot from MS Paint, but it'd be nice to simply print it from the sequencer.

21 hours ago, Aubrey said:

You might want to check out "wiring view" as well to see if that's a better option for you.

Hey Aubrey! I love your tutorial videos by the way, they're very useful.  Thanks for making those.  I have used the wiring diagram for finding out which pixels I want in my motion effect rows, however, when you go to actually define the ME row, you are presented with a diagram that is the same as the one in the Layout view without the labels.  So, say for instance, I want to make a ME row for each point of the star, I would look at the wiring view to find the node numbers I want and then cross-reference them with the layout view so that I can select them in the ME dialog.  Unfortunately, the diagram isn't laid out like the star is, so you have to know which small box is which node.  The only way I know to find that out is to look at the layout view and then select the nodes I want for each row.  If If I'm missing an easier way to do this (which is entirely possible), PLEASE let me know what it is.  Also, if my description doesn't make sense either, let me know that too.  

• Like 1

You're welcome!

I understand what you're getting at now. I usually just count for things like that! If there are 5 spokes (2 sides each) and the star is 100 pixels, 10 pixels per side - just have to know what spoke it starts on.

I tried that initially.  I started using the process of elimination to try to guess which box was which node.  Having 270 nodes combined with my ever advancing age made it difficult to keep track of all of the little boxes.  I assumed there had to be a better way.  Then I stumbled across the Layout View and my suspicions were correct; only to later be disappointed that it only printed the first page.   

The next version will have an option to save the layout as a PNG image file. You can then open the PNG image in MS Paint or similar programs and print to multiple pages.