Light-O-Rama Forums

Lost my number 1 channel

Layne O

Hey all I have had my show going for a couple years and last year i lost my number 1 channel. They said it was going to be too long to fix so I bought another 16 channel and was hoping to do 32 channels this year. I got my controllers out and I am using SD cards not my cpu. Turns out neither of the number 1 channels are working on both controllers I think it may be a problem with the way my sequences are copying to the card. Before I troubleshoot this is there a hard reset on the controller anywhere.  

12 hours ago, Layne O said:

I really hate when I take the time to post then figure it out. thanks all.

Well what was it?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Im guessing no sequence written to the channels in question.

JR

Either he figured out how to reset the controller{s} or as you stated, which was probably the actual culprit.  Either no channels sequenced to that channel or another option is, the Controller ID's perhaps got changed, and somehow the #1 channel on 1 or both controllers were misidentified and given to a non-existent controller.  We'll never know the actual reason/culprit until the OP gives us the answer to what caused it in the first place.   Could even be their channel config file had incorrect information or got corrupted.

There are quite a few options that could cause that, including a blown triac!

Sorry all. I think when I updated software it did something to my saved sequences. They seem to be work now. Not really sure. Program smarter than me lol.

Just to dispel any fears, updating the software never does anything to the stored sequences and I must have gone through the process dozens of times. Even upgrading to S5 doesn't touch the original LMS files during or after conversion. On occasion, you might have to tell LOR where they are again, but not usually.

Having said that, with computers things sometimes fail so be sure to always have a backup at all times.